The Department of Atomic Energy is organizing an All India Essay Contest on Nuclear Science & Technology for Indian Nationals.
- Long Term Energy Security and Sustainable Development in India- Role of Nuclear Power
- Advance in Radioisotope and Isotope Technologies
- Science and Technology of Plasma for Mankind and Safe Environment
Regular full-time students doing graduation in India (after 10+2), in any discipline, in an Indian University or an institute deemed to be a university.
Essays should be submitted by a single author.
Language: Any Official Indian Language or English.
Note: Those who have won prizes (including consolation prize) in our earlier essay contests are not eligible.
First Prize (one for each topic): Rs. 25,000
Second Prize (one for each topic): Rs. 20,000
Third Prize (one for each topic): Rs. 15,000
Consolation Prize (all those who make oral presentation but do not secure1st/2nd/3rd): Rs. 7,000
How to Apply:
Essay should be sent along with bonafide studentship certificate from the Principal of his/ her college/ institute.
Name, College/ Institute and Residential address with Contact Number and Email ID of the student as well as the Institute to be provided on a separate detachable sheet to communicate the results of the written essay.
The name or address should NOT be written elsewhere on the text of the essay.
No essay will be accepted if sent via e-mail or telefax.
Essays should be sent at:
Assistant Personnel Officer,
Public Awareness Division,
Department of Atomic Energy,
Government of India,
CSM Marg, Mumbai- 400 001
A maximum of 36 essays will be selected and their authors will be invited to Mumbai in the last week of October 2019 for an oral presentation. Candidates are permitted to make powerpoint presentation.
Those called for oral presentation in Mumbai shall be eligible for:
- To and fro AC 3-Tier rail fare by the shortest route. Claim for reimbursement of rail fare for journey performed by Rajdhani/ August Kranti/ Shatabdi Express will be restricted to AC 3-Tier by the ordinary Express/ Mail train.
- Boarding and lodging in the Guest House of BARC at Anushaktinagar, Mumbai during the authorized period of stay.
Last date for submission of the essay is August 2.
Prizes will be distributed during celebration of Founder’s Day on Oct 30.