IIM Bangalore invites applications from meritorious and eligible candidates for the N.S. Ramaswamy Pre-Doctoral Fellowship for the academic year 2020-2021.
The N. S. Ramaswamy Pre-doctoral Fellowship is a highly selective program instituted with the aim to increase the social diversity of management academia in India. It is a flexible one-year apprenticeship program designed to help the selected pre-doctoral fellows successfully apply to doctoral programs in management and allied disciplines.
Areas of Specialization
The 2020-21 N. S. Ramaswamy Pre-doctoral Fellowship is available in the following disciplinary areas within management scholarship and research:
- Decision Sciences
- Economics & Social Sciences
- Finance & Accounting
- Information Systems
- Organizational Behavior & Human Resource Management
- Production & Operations Management
- Public Policy
Fellows will be required to attend the Ph.D. preparatory program. Each fellow will complete at least two doctoral or MBA level three-credit courses in her/his areas of interest and approved by the faculty mentor. Fellows will work for a minimum of 40 hours per week under the supervision of the faculty mentor. A math clinic (1.5 hours per week) and a writing workshop (1.5 hours per week) are required.
- Each fellow will receive a monthly stipend of Rs. 25,000 besides full tuition waiver for any coursework during their tenure.
- The fellows will also receive a house rent allowance as per prevailing institute norms (currently Rs. 8500 per month).
- The fellows will be provided with a one-time contingency grant (that can be used for academic purposes approved by the faculty mentor and the N. S. Ramaswamy Pre-doctoral faculty committee) as per prevailing institute norms (currently, Rs. 25,000 per academic year).
- Cubicle space with a computer will be provided by the institute
- A Master’s Degree (bachelor’s degree obtained in 10+2+3 pattern, followed by a master’s degree) or a 5-year Integrated Master’s Degree (obtained after completing higher secondary schooling in 10+2 pattern) in any discipline, with a minimum of 50 percent marks in the bachelor’s as well as the master’s degrees, OR
- A professional qualification such as CA, ICWA, CS, with at least 50 percent marks; OR
- A 4-year/8-semesters bachelor’s degree (10+2+4 pattern) with at least 50 percent marks; OR
Candidates who are in the final year of their qualifying programs, that would make them eligible, can also apply. Such candidates, if selected, will be allowed to join the program provisionally only if they submit a certificate latest by June 8, 2020.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is March 13, 2020. Please note that candidates can apply to a maximum of two disciplinary areas of specialization.
Phone Number: +91 80 26993013/3017
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org