The Novartis Innovation Postdoctoral Fellowship offers aspiring drug hunters a unique opportunity to join the teams at the Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research (NIBR), the innovation engine of Novartis.
Mentored by NIBR scientific leaders, Innovation Fellows will gain first-hand experience in the design and development of breakthrough therapies and innovative technologies. Novartis looking for Innovation Fellows who will bring their scientific creativity and natural curiosity to tackle important therapeutic challenges.
- Program duration: 2-3 years.
- Boot camp: Innovation Fellows will attend a fully immersive boot camp covering the fundamentals of drug discovery and development.
- Mentorship & access to technology: Innovation Fellows will have access to NIBR state-of-the-art technology platforms and be mentored by selected NIBR scientific leaders.
- Rotations: Innovation Fellows will benefit from a tailored rotation schedule in both scientific and business-related disciplines.
- Fireside chats with local leaders in academia and industry.
- Community: Innovation Fellows will join Discovery Fellows in our vibrant postdoctoral community for dedicated events, including our annual Research Day Symposium.
Who can apply?
- Early-career scientists, within 3 years of receiving their MD and/or Ph.D. (students in their last 4 months of graduation are eligible to apply).
- All scientific and technical disciplines welcome (e.g. biology, biophysics, chemical biology, chemistry, computational and data sciences, engineering, and more).
- Strong publication track record or other scientific achievements.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and boundless curiosity.
- Dedicated to translating scientific discoveries into medicines that improve human health.
How to Apply?
- Please submit your CV and cover letter by May 1, 2019, here.
- Include a potential area of unmet medical need where you believe you could make an impact.
All applications will be evaluated by a review team comprised of discipline experts and drug hunters from NIBR.
- Candidates selected as finalists will be invited to our Cambridge, MA campus for an all-day interview in June 2019.
- New Innovation Fellows will start in September 2019 at our Cambridge site.