Noticebard Internship Experience Writing Competition 2019 [Cash Prizes Worth Rs. 43K]: Results will be announced in a few days!
Update [Aug 29]
We thank you all for your entries. You may view all the submissions by clicking here.
There will be a slight delay in announcing the results. We are in the process of judging the entries.
We request you to bear with us for a few days.
An internship helps a student gain first-hand knowledge about the work environment.
Getting a good internship has always been tough for students.
How often have students wondered, “How is it to intern at this place?”, “Will it be a good learning experience?”, “Am I doing this just to get a certificate?”, and so on.
We are here to help!
Presenting the Noticebard Internship Experience Writing Competition 2019!
We invite students of any discipline and any level of study other than Law (undergraduate, post-graduate, PhDers) to share their internship experiences with us.
Your experiences will be published on Noticebard and the best write-ups will win attractive cash prizes!
Your internship experience will also help other students across India make informed choices about their internships. So more than the cash you earn good karma as well!
- 1st prize: Rs. 8000
- 2nd prize: Rs. 6000
- 3rd prize: Rs. 4000
- Next 5 best entries: Rs. 3000 each
- 5 Consolation awards: Rs. 2000 each
E-certificates will be also be issued to each of the above 13 prize winners.
How to submit your entry?
Send your internship experience write-ups as a word/text file (in the format mentioned below) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Internship Experience Competition 2019’.
Please mention the following in the body of the email:
- Your name
- Your email ID
- Your phone number
Please include the following information in your internship experience write-ups (the format):
- Your name, college, course, year of study. NOTE: If you want to be anonymous we’ll still need the above details. Just mention ‘ANONYMOUS’ in the subject line of your email and we’ll publish the internship experience anonymously.
- Name of the organisation where you interned and its location
- The exact duration of the internship (For example May 1, 2019 to June 30, 2019).
- How did you apply
- First day, first impression, infrastructure
- Main tasks/projects
- Work culture at the organisation
- Good things about the internship
- Bad things about the internship
- Stipend/internship fee (in case of training-cum-internships)
- Lessons learnt
- Anything else you wish to add
Criteria for evaluation
1. How detailed your internship experience is (40%). Include as much useful information as you can. Include some personal experiences too (don’t be boring!).
Thousands of students will be reading these internship experiences and you owe them information which can help them make informed choices about whether a particular organisation is worth interning or not.
2. Quality of writing (40%). Suggestion: run a spell-check and get someone to read through your internship experience before submitting it.
3. Complete/honest information (20%). Suggestion: Do include the ‘bad things’ about the internship as well.
Rules and Regulations
1. You can pen down your internship experience for only those internships which have commenced and completed in 2018 or 2019.
2. You can send internship experiences for only those internships which you have yourself done. You CANNOT write about your friends’ internship experience.
3. The copyrights of the internship experiences submitted for this competition will rest with Noticebard. You will have the moral rights to be recognized as the author of the write-up.
4. The organisers reserve the right to not distribute the prizes if a minimum of 100 publishable entries are not received. (Do encourage your friends to participate)!
5. The write-ups will be evaluated by Noticebard’s editorial team. The decision of the editorial team will be final.
6. Word limit: 300-1500 words (feel free to send relevant pictures too).
7. You may share as many internship experiences as you want (provided they meet the criteria mentioned here).
8. Your entry has to be original and unpublished elsewhere. We do a plagiarism check of every entry.
9. Students from the field of ‘law’ are NOT eligible to participate. Our sister concern Lawctopus.com publishes internship experiences submitted by law students.
1. Starting from May 23, 2019, you must submit your internship experience within 2 weeks of the completion of the internship.
For example: if your internship got over way back in June end, 2018, you must submit it to us by June 7, 2019 (2 weeks from May 23, 2019).
If your internship is getting over on June 30, 2019, you must share your internship experience by July 14, 2019 (2 weeks from June 30, 2019).
2. The last day to submit your entries is August 15. (Which means, to be eligible, your internship must get over by July 30, 2019).
3. The results will be announced by August 23.
4. The cash prizes will be distributed to the winners by September 2.
UPDATE [Aug 16]: The contest is now closed. We will publish all the entries and announce the prizes in a few days. But you may continue sending in your internship experiences on a rolling basis. They will be published, as long as they are useful to students.
If there are any questions, please email them to email@example.com or leave a comment below.
About the Author
Loved my student life, love talking to students now. I am a wearer of multiple hats (wife, mom, cook, chauffeur). My job is my hobby! :)