The NorthCap University, Gurgaon is organizing an International Essay Writing Competition 2017 on the theme of “Environmental Justice: Contemporary Issues in National and International Perspective.”
- Environmental Democracy and Access Rights
- Sustainable Development and Disaster Management
- Legal and Human Right Perspective on Environmental Justice
- Environmental Justice and Basic needs
- International Initiatives towards Environment Protection
- Role of Supreme Court and Environmental Justice in India
- National Green Tribunal and Environment Protection
- E- waste Management and Environment
- Environmental Democracy and Social Justice
- Challenges to Environmental Democracy
- Environmental Justice and Accountability
- The Competition is open to the students who are pursuing their 5/ 3 Year LLB Course
/ LL.M./ M.Phil./ Ph.D./ or any other Undergraduate or Master courses (other than Law) in any university across the world.
- Co-authorship to a maximum of two authors is permitted.
- Only original essays will be considered for the competition.
- No part of it should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication or a contest elsewhere.
- Moreover, any form of plagiarism will result in disqualification of the essay.
- The registration fee for essay will be Rs. 1000.
- Registration fee is to be paid through Demand draft in favour of “The NorthCap University”, Gurugram payable at Gurugram only.
Guidelines for Submission
- The essay must be written in English.
- Only one submission is allowed per author/co-author.
- Scanned copy of Registration form is to be sent along with Demand Draft and should
be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The registration form must be signed and sealed by the head of institution/University.
- The submission shall consist of an abstract, essay and bibliography.
- An abstract should not be more than 200 words mentioning title and keywords must
- The essay should not be more than 3000 words (excluding footnotes).
- Footnotes must conform to authoritative standard rules of legal citation and must
include a description of each authority adequate to allow a reasonable reader to
identify and locate the authority in a publication of general circulation. ILI style of
Foot noting is recommended.
The participant should send two attachments in mail the Essay in MS Word format with
subject “NCUESSAY2017.” The attachment should contain in series the following:
1. Title of the Essay with name of the author/authors
2. Cover page containing Designation (Student/Scholar), Name of college/university
with address, Nationality, Correspondence address, e-mail-id and contact number.
3. Abstract and Body of Essay
1. Framework of Essay
2. Understanding of Legal Issues
3. Quality of Analysis
4. Quality of Research
5. Suggestions & Recommendations
6. Uniformity in Footnoting style
- First Prize- Rs 10,000
- Second Prize-Rs 7,500
- Third Prize-5,000
- Certificate of merit will also be issued to the winners. Certificate of participation will be given to every participant of the Essay writing Competition.
- Last date for the payment of Registration Fees 20th Oct, 2017
- Last Date of Submission on Essay 25th Oct, 2017
- Declaration of Result 2nd Nov 2017
Send your hardcopy of Registration Form and Demand Draft to:
Mr. Balwinder Singh (faculty coordinator)
School of Law, The NorthCap University
HUDA Sector 23-A