TWAS-UNESCO and the Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) are seeking nominations for the Refugee and Displaced Young Scientists Program 2020.
The program aims to support talented young researchers of the age of 40 and below who are refugees or displaced from member countries of the IsDB and have an excellent track record of publications.
The World Academy of Sciences is a merit-based science academy established for developing countries, uniting 1,000 scientists in some 70 countries. Its principal aim is to promote scientific capacity and excellence for sustainable development in developing countries
- Candidates selected will be elected to TWAS Young Affiliate.
- The Affiliateship status lasts for five years; in addition, the new Young Affiliates will be granted membership to the prestigious TWAS Young Affiliates Network (TYAN).
- Young Affiliates are also eligible for TWAS Awards.
- As members of TYAN, they are invited to actively contribute to the Network, which offers access to many competitive opportunities such as the TYAN Collaborative Grants Awards, TYAN International Thematic Workshops, and the newly established TYAN Outreach Programme.
- Be aged 40 or less on 1 January of the year of nomination
- Has been forced to leave his or her home country or city
- Has an excellent track record of publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Must be originally from an IsDB Member Country.
Call for Nominations
Candidates are requested to send their nominations, and CVs by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The last date to send the nominations is July 30, 2020.
Email ID: email@example.com
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in TWAS Visiting Expert Program 2020 for Young Scientists: Apply by Oct 1.