Applications are now open for the .ORG Impact Awards (OIA) 2020.
The OIAs recognize.ORGs that are exemplary, those that serve as shining examples of how people can achieve great things, often with little resources and against significant challenges.
These people and organizations work tirelessly in pursuit of their missions; not for recognition or reward, but to simply make the world a better place. The 2020 version of the .ORG Impact Awards are different by circumstance but not in intent.
The .ORG Impact Awards seek to celebrate significant achievements by members of the .ORG community. There are nine award categories subject to the nomination and judging process.
- Combating Coronavirus – Recognizes an organization or individual whose efforts helped manage Covid-19 outbreaks, provided essential information, provided essential products or services, helped create policies to combat coronavirus, or create solutions to medical equipment shortages.
- Promoting Education – Recognizes an organization or individual for contributions in promoting education for all, without regard to race, gender, or financial status.
- Outstanding Volunteer – Recognizes an individual in an unpaid role who performed above and beyond what is reasonably expected of a volunteer, made significant contributions to the programs and activities, and whose efforts positively affected the mission of the organization.
- Championing Equality, Equity and Inclusion – Recognizes an organization or individual for efforts toward furthering diversity, equality, equity, and inclusion in society through the creation of policies, procedures, and practices, creation of programs, or other activities that promote and foster diversity, equality, equity, and inclusion.
- Innovation Award – Recognizes an organization or individual who has broken new ground for an organization by demonstrating new ways of thinking, approaching, and/or solving issues or challenges.
- Advancing Environmental Sustainability – Recognizes an organization or individual whose efforts advanced or will advance a clean, healthy environment without damage to our environment or depletion of nonrenewable resources.
- ORG Newcomer of the Year – Recognizes a person or organization that started less than five years ago and demonstrated experience for exceptional contributions by demonstrating initiative and leadership around a specific task, project or campaign.
- Fighting Hunger and Poverty – Recognizes a person or organization that has made significant contributions and innovations in the fight to end hunger and poverty on a local, national, or global scale.
- Promoting a Safer Internet – Recognizes a person or organization whose efforts promote online safety whether through education, working with policymakers, or advocacy.
The winners in each category of The .ORG Impact Awards will have the opportunity to direct a monetary donation to the charitable organization of their choice, as follows:
- ORG IMPACT AWARDS .ORG of the year: $30,000 USD
- Combatting Coronavirus: $15,000 USD
- All other winners: $5,000 USD
Call for Nominations
- All organizations nominated to any category must have a website hosted on the .ORG domain.
- All individual nominees must have an established role at an organization with a website on the .ORG domain.
- All submissions must be in English.
- Activities highlighted in the submission must have occurred between June 1, 2019, and June 1, 2020. If the activity began before June 1, 2019, or extends beyond June 1, 2020, the entry is still eligible so long as meaningful activity occurred between the two dates.
- Organizations and individuals may submit to more than one category/subcategory, but each submission must be original (i.e., an entry for one award category may not be resubmitted verbatim for a different award category).
- The nominator must be at least 18 years old and have permission to nominate the individual or organization that uses or has a connection to .ORG domain.
To submit your nominations online, click here.
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in UN Sustainable Development Goals Action Awards 2020 for Outstanding Initiatives: Apply by July 19.