Applications are open for the Nokia Bell Labs Prize 2021 for Innovators.
Each year, the Bell Labs Prize recognizes game-changing innovations in science, technology, engineering and mathematics. Geared toward innovative proposals that look to solve broader societal and humanistic challenges, the competition continues Nokia Bell Labs’ rich tradition of finding solutions to some of the greatest challenges facing the information and telecommunications industry.
They will help you invent it with cash prizes that can help propel your idea forward. In addition, all three winners are considered for opportunities to work alongside Nokia Bell Labs researchers to further explore their ideas.
This prize is open to all eligible applicants who register and submit proposals in the general areas of information and communications technologies. Teams of up to four members are allowed to participate, provided each member of the team meets the eligibility requirements.
- Own their ideas
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Possess a bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral degree
- Not be employed by Nokia or be a family member of Nokia employee
- Reside in one of the following countries:
- United States, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada (except Quebec), China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, United Kingdom
- The competition is open to anyone in the participating countries who meets the eligibility requirements. From the hundreds of applications we receive, five and seven finalists are selected to compete for three prizes in mid-November in front of a panel of renowned experts and industry leaders.
- The prizes awarded: $100,000 (grand prize), $50,000 (second place) and $25,000 (third place), will be paid directly to the prize winners. During the final stage, we will assign a Nokia Bell Labs Research Partner (BLRP) to help you strengthen your proposal to maximize your chances of winning the prize. Your proposal will be judged based on a credible proof-of-concept or set of results that validate the full potential of the innovation.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the opportunity through this link.
- March 10, 2021 – Call for proposals
- May 14, 2021 – Proposal deadline
- June 21, 2021 – Selection announced
- June 30, 2021 – Virtual innovation
- November 17, 2021 – Judging & winners announced
For more details, click the link below.