The National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA), New Delhi invites applications for the post of Program Intern at the institute.
Established in 1976, the National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA) was tasked to bridge the gap between research and practice on issues related to urbanization and suggest ways and mechanisms address urban challenges in the country. For more than 40 years now, NIUA has been the vanguard for contributing to and building the urban narrative for a fast-evolving Urban India. The Institution has been actively working on bringing forth key areas of concern for urban India in order to build the urban discourse at various urban scales.
Roles & Responsibilities
- The Program Intern will support primarily work on scopes pertaining to program research, implementation, documentation, and stakeholder/ partner support.
- Supplement the process of analysis within NIUA and NULP through empirical collection and collation of in-house and other information.
- Support the preparation of program and project status reports required for the section, Management, Government reviews, program analysis, Annual Reports, etc.
- Supplement the activities of content curation, aggregation, and dissemination as outlined under program processes for the same.
- Provide support for creation and implementation of learning needs assessments/ analyses with the generation of insights formulating content standards aligned to ecosystem learning requirements.
- Assist the central-level content development and management unit with activities outlined in tandem with program priorities.
A nominal stipend will be provided to cover base level expenses and conveyance charges, if any, for a mutually agreed-upon cap. Remuneration for candidates with relevant work/ academic experience will be reviewed on a case to case basis with scope to review the terms of engagement at the end of the tenure basis performance.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in the field of development, management, urban planning, computer science management, or other closely related fields with 0-2 years of experience in roles pertaining to program support and development.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with fluency in English.
- Demonstrable experience in program management and support at a collegiate/ under-graduate level.
- Candidates with prior voluntary/ full-time similar work experience in development sector organizations.
- Experience in content authoring tools such as GoAnimate, Articulate, iPresenter, etc. will be a plus. o Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, and authorities at different levels.
- Enthusiasm for capacity building, technology, and social impact will be a plus.
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment.
- Strong overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Strong sense of self-motivation with an ability to work with minimum supervision and deliver on tight deadlines.
- Candidates with proven leadership abilities, professional skills, and social conscientiousness to build future thought leadership in tandem with program vertical are encouraged to apply.
The position is on a contractual basis for a minimum of 6 weeks to a maximum of 6 months subject to performance and grant/ project timelines. Interns not completing the requisite period will not be issued any certificate of completion. Interns will require to have their own laptops/technological infrastructure.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
Hiring is on a rolling basis and applications for this position will be closed as we find a suitable candidate. Encourage prospective and eligible candidates to apply immediately.
For full notification, click the link below.