About the Hunt
India has the world’s youngest population. The youth are brimming with energy, have novel ideas and are creative. We have designed this initiative to engage the youth of the nation in policymaking and developmental process of the world’s largest democracy.
The Policy Drafting Competition shall be a platform where the young minds will get the opportunity to formulate schemes based on the Problem Statements given by Think India & NITIE Mumbai, for different departments/ ministries of Government of India.
Selected policy submissions shall be recommended to the concerned ministries for their study and implementation, thereby giving the participant a chance to contribute to governance and policymaking process. We will publish the selected entries in a special edition subsequently.
We are of the firm opinion that this initiative shall play a crucial role in creating the leaders for tomorrow and catalyzing the process of Nation Building post the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Dawn of a Digital Era: Promoting Digital Learning in Government Schools
- Strengthening Healthcare in Rural India
- Reviving India’s Lifelines: Rejuvenation of Rivers and Waterbodies
- Transforming North-East India
- Promoting Women Entrepreneurship: Empowering India for Industrial Revolution 4.0
- Preserving and Propagating Tribal Knowledge Systems
- Boosting Sports Infrastructure: Transforming the Indian Sports Ecosystem
- Vocal for Local: Policy for Aatmanirbhar Bharat
- Railway Stations as Hub of Service Industries in India
- Encouraging Establishment of Data Centres in India
- Registration and Topic Selection Process by 25th December 2020
Participants must register before submitting the policy statement to be eligible to participate in the competition.
Registration is free of cost.
One participant can register for submitting a scheme on a maximum of two topics. Although post such registration either of the paper will be considered on submission of both.
Topics, once selected, shall not be changed after registration.
A maximum of 2 Co-Participant (Team of 3) is allowed for taking part in competition although the same shall be mentioned in the registration form, though the participants can register individually too.
Inter-institutional teams are also allowed.
- Round 1: Qualifier Round – Submission of Policy Statement
Participants are expected to submit a detailed policy statement based on topic selected in the registration process.
Participants must adhere to formatting and structural guidelines as laid down.
The Policy Statement should be Mail on nitihunt[at]gmail.com
- Round 2: Grand Finale
The Qualified Participants are expected to prepare a power-point presentation make a presentation for 5-10 mins in the final round. The presentation will be followed by a question and answer round.
- Registration and Selection of Topic: 25 Dec 2020
- Submission of detailed Policy Proposal as per Submission Guidelines: 20 Jan 2021
- Qualifier Result Declaration: 26 Jan 2021
- Policy Presentation for the Selected Participants and Declaration of Results: 30 & 31 Jan 2021
- 1st Prize: Rs.50,000
- 2nd Prize: Rs. 40,000
- 3rd Prize: Rs. 30,000
- Special Mention: Rs. 10,000
Interested candidates can register via this page.
Call: 9111111325, 706986662