NITI Aayog has launched a Working Paper Series as a unique platform for policy planners and practitioners to share their research findings and views on topical issues.
This Working Paper Series shall be initially open for the Vice Chairman, serving Members and officers of NITI Aayog and other Central Government Ministries/ Departments.
In due course, it would be extended to Officers of State Governments, Autonomous Bodies, reputed Think Tanks and Academicians, the date of which would be advised in due course.
- Papers submitted for the Working Paper Series should be original and should not be derived from existing publications (except for citation purposes). If the paper is part of any commissioned project or alike, appropriate acknowledgement needs to be given by the author. A declaration to this effect may be given by the Author at the time of submitting the paper.
- NITI Aayog editorial team will first review the paper. After the approval of an internal editorial team, the paper will be sent to the external subject expert for the second round of review.
- Papers should be submitted as MSWord documents.
- Papers should be 2,000-5,000 words in length (including notes and references).
- The title page of the paper must include the paper title; the author’s name and
- An abstract of 200 words which describes the main arguments and conclusions of the article; and 4-5 keywords representing the major themes of the paper, should be included.
- The line spacing in the paper should be 1.25, the margins 1″, 12 point font size (Time New Roman) and the text justified. Headings and sub-headings should be unambiguously marked.
How to submit
The soft copy (word file) of papers should be submitted to Governance and Research Vertical, NITI Aayog by e-mail to Dr. B Bishoi, Dy Adviser, Governance and Research Vertical at firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to Dr. Yogesh Suri, senior advisor (Governance and Research) at email@example.com.
The timeline for review of the paper should be two weeks for internal evaluation and one month for external reviewer. The authors may be asked to revise the paper based on referees’ comments within a month’s time.
For the official notification, click here.