Applications are invited for admission to Ph.D. Program (Full Time (Institute Sponsored), Full Time (Sponsored) & Part-Time only) in Odd Semester-2020 at the National Institute of Technology, Uttarakhand.
The National Institute of Technology Uttarakhand is a public technical university in the Indian state of Uttarakhand. It was founded in 2009, as one of the 31 National Institutes of Technology in India, and is recognized as an Institute of National Importance. It admitted its first batch of students in 2010-11.
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Computer Science & Engineering
- Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Physics
- Department of Maths
- Department of English
A candidate is eligible for registration for Ph.D. Program if he/ she satisfies the following conditions:
- A Master’s degree in the concerned or an allied subject with a minimum of 1st class (C.P.I or C.G.P.A. greater than 6.75 on a 10 point scale if the class is not provided) and GATE/ NET (CSIR/ UGC/ LS) in the concerned subject or discipline OR,
- A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 1st class (C.P.I or C.G.P.A. greater than 6.75 on a 10 point scale if the class is not provided) with at least 55% marks at Master’s level and GATE/ NET (CSIR/ UGC/ LS) in the concerned subject or discipline.
GATE/ NET (CSIR/ UGC/ LS) in the concerned subject or discipline is mandatory. However, relaxation from the requirement of GATE/ NET will be given only for admission into a part-time Ph.D. program, for candidates with two years of relevant experience in reputed Academic/Industrial Organizations or Govt. funded Research Projects. However, fee structure, essential qualifications, other terms & conditions will be the same as per the Ordinances of the Institute.
The whole selection process will be through virtual mode (online), keeping in view the COVID-19. The shortlisted candidates will be called for the online written test. There will be objective type questions as per the GATE/ NET syllabus. The candidate who secures at least 40% marks in the written test will be shortlisted for online interview.
How to Apply?
- To download the application form, click here.
- Candidates are required to pay Rs.500/- as an application fee (Non-Refundable) through online mode.
- Transaction ID along with date should be mentioned on the application form. In case of a missing transaction ID or wrong transaction ID on the application form, the application will be summarily rejected.
- Account details for payment of application fees online: SBI bank A/C No: 37530602667 Name of A/C holder: Director, NIT Uttarakhand; IFSC Code: SBIN0003181.
- Candidates are required to submit the duly filled Application form along with all the enclosures and fee deposit slip by registered or speed post/courier/ by hand to Assistant Registrar (Academic), NIT Uttarakhand on or before 05th February 2021 by 05:00 PM. “Ph.D. application form in …… (Subject) should be mentioned on the top of the envelope.
- The last date to apply is February 5, 2021.
For full notification, click the link below.