In this modern era, the importance of the subject Statistics has been felt in most of the streams related to Sciences, Social Sciences and Engineering due to its wide applications in research through statistical software.
Also, we have new application areas of statistics and established techniques are being applied in new ways and in emerging ﬁelds. The value of statistics is strong because they can serve as predictions as well as probabilities in certain trends.
Research in Management and Social Research requires storage and analysis of a large volume of data.
A number of software and programming languages such as SPSS and R-language have been developed for this purpose. While a lot of published material is available in different formats such as textbooks and video, awareness about usage of the tools is low.
Most researchers still ﬁnd it a struggle to effectively use the available software. Thus, this workshop aims to impart training in the ﬁeld of Data analysis using SPSS and R.
I. To make the participants learn to store, manipulate and analyze data using the latest version of SPSS and R.
II. To provide hands-on training on Univariate, Bivariate and Multivariate analysis using SPSS and R.
- Measurement and Scaling I1 Reliability and Validity
- Data entry, Data manipulation and Data cleaning El Descriptive Statistics
- t-Tests and Chi Square Test I1 ANOVA
- Correlation and Regression (Multiple and Logistic) El Factor Analysis and Cluster Analysis
- Statistical Analysis and Textual Analysis using R I1 Discriminant Analysis
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Academicians and Research Scholars who wish to publish their papers in top SSCI and Scopus listed journals in the ﬁelds of management, humanities and social sciences.
- Academicians Individual: Rs. 3,500
- Group registration: Rs. 3,000
- Full Time Research Scholars and PG students Individuals: Rs. 2,500,
- Group registration: Rs. 2,000
*Full time scholars and students must submit a copy of their College ID with the registration form.
*To avail of our Group Concession, 3 or more delegates can register as a group. Each member should ﬁll a separate application form and all forms should be sent in one envelope.
Mode of Payment:
Registration fee is to be paid by a DD drawn in favour of
NATIONAL INSTITUTE of TECHNOLOGY“,
Payable at SBI, NIT Tiruchirappalli.