Applications are invited from eligible and bright Indian nationals for project positions under various funded projects at NIT Surathkal.
National Institute of Technology Karnataka, formerly known as Karnataka Regional Engineering College, also known as NITK Surathkal, is a public engineering university at Surathkal, Mangalore.
The post details are given below.
1. Junior Research Fellow (01)
Applications are invited for the position of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) in a research and development project funded by SERB.
An experimental technique to induce surface grain refinement through Laser Shock Peening on ECAP processed Mg alloy.
- B.E/ B. Tech in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 60% aggregate score (6.5/10 CGPA) and M.Tech/ M.E in Manufacturing Engineering/Technology or Metallurgical and Materials Engineering with a minimum of 60% aggregate score (6.5/10 CGPA).
- The applicant must be GATE qualified.
- A good GATE score will be an added advantage. Those who have appeared for M.Tech/ M.E and waiting for results may also apply and proof of M.Tech/ M.E viva voce competition certificate has to be provided during
the time of the interview.
- Work experience related to metal forming, LASER processing, material characterization, and analysis.
- The candidate should know the fundamentals of materials and metallurgy.
- Ability to work in a team, good communication skills, and experience in experimental research.
Three years or up to the termination of the project, subject to annual performance review. The candidate can be entitled to register for Ph.D. at NITK, Surathkal, if found suitable.
Rs. 31,000/- for the first year and Rs. 35,000 during the second and third years.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates must apply with the following documents
- Covering letter
- Bio-data with a passport-sized photograph,
- Scanned copies of educational certificates and mark sheets, class XII onwards
- GATE qualified certificate and
- Scanned copies of Proof for research experience, special achievements, and publications, if any.
The soft copies of all the above documents (pdf format) must be emailed to the P.I. (Dr. H Shivananda Nayaka) by 24th August 2020. The email address for correspondence is email@example.com.
2. Intel Research Fellow (01)
Applications are invited for the position of Intel Research Fellow in an Intel Pvt. Ltd. funded R&D project.
FPGA based Prototypes for Heterogeneous Multi/ Many-Core Systems.
- M.E/ M.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering/ Computer Network and Engineering/ Information Technology/ Information Science.
- B.E/ B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering/ Information Technology/ Information Science.
- Basic Computer Organization/ Computer Architecture in coursework or project work.
- Strong fundamentals in Computer Architecture, Simulation concepts.
- Practical knowledge of Verilog or VHDL.
- FPGA experience is strongly preferred.
- Any publications in this area would be an added plus.
- Excellent communication skills, including technical writing and presentation.
This position is valid for one year – subject to quarterly performance review.
INR 75000 per month (consolidated) for M.E/M.Tech and INR 50000 per month (consolidated) for B.E/B.Tech.
How to Apply?
To apply online, click here. The last date to apply is August 31, 2020.
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Project Positions at IIT Kanpur [2 Vacancies]: Apply by Aug 28.