In modern times, solar technologies have made sufficient advancements in terms of efficiency, miniaturization of size as well as cost minimization. This workshop attempts to bring forth the modern techniques and practices in solar technologies. It is hoped that this workshop will setup a common platform for the researches, scholars, educationists, and faculty of various departments and institutes to learn directly from the experts the frontiers in solar technologies. This program aims to update the professionals working in the field of solar energy on technical, economic and social aspects also.
And also to promote the knowledge and skills solar technologies, to understand in-depth fundamentals and high fidelity solutions of Computational methods, to provide case studies on various practical Demonstrations and exercises.
The major thrust of the workshop will be on current research
trends in solar energy including the following but not limited
- Frontiers in solar thermal technologies.
- Concentrated Solar Thermal (CST) technologies
- Concentrated solar power technologies
- Solar passive design for thermal application
- Hybrid solar energy technologies (grid and off-grid modes)
- Life cycle cost analysis of solar technologies including environmental impact.
- Modern developments in solar photovoltaic systems
- Solar cells technologies
- Solar energy sustainability, policies, and security.
This program is open to industrial personnel, faculty members, research scholars, post graduate and under graduate students of technical institutions, engineering colleges, polytechnics, universities and other recognized institutions. Due to limitations of seats selection of the participants will be based first cum first basis.
- Internal Students: ₹. 500/-
- External Students: ₹. 1000/-
- Internal Faculty members: ₹. 1000/-
- External Faculty members: ₹. 3000/-
- Industry Persons: ₹. 5000/-
The registration fee includes registration kit and lunch. All participants have to pay the registration fees before submitting application either
(i) via DD in favour of Director NIT Silchar, Payable at State Bank
of India, NIT Silchar branch or
(ii) online transfer to the account of the Director, NIT Silchar
IFSC Code: SBIN0007061.
Brochure and registration form can also be downloaded from:
Submission deadline: Scanned copies of both registration form along with D.D. (or online transfer proof) are to be sent to email@example.com on or before 20th September
2018. The original hard copies of registration form and D.D. has to be submitted at the registration desk, just before the commencement of the workshop.
Mobile: +91 9435500659, +91 9402168938
Seminar Hall, ME Dept., NIT Silchar