NIT Rourkela, Odisha has invited online applications from eligible candidates for admission to M.A. in Development Studies Programme for the academic session 2017-19.
Requisite Academic Qualification
- B. Tech, B. A., B. Sc, B. Com with 50% marks or 5.5 /10 CGPA. Among B. A., B. Sc and B. Com, applicant with Honors will be given preference.
- There is no relaxation in academic requirement for any category / caste of candidates because the minimum academic requirement has been set to meet the basic challenges of the academic programme.
- The above mentioned CGPA/percentage should be the aggregate CGPA/percentage based on all semesters/years. Conversion from CGPA to percentage or vice-versa given by individual Institute/University will NOT be considered. If the evaluation system is in grades, CGPA value will be considered and if the evaluation system is in marks, percentage value will be considered.
- The candidates appearing qualifying degree final examination may also apply for the above programme. However, they are required to submit their mark/grade sheet showing 50% marks or 5.5/10 CGPA at the time of selection and admission, failing which the applicants must produce a certificate signed by the Principal or Registrar of the College/University last attended stating that all examinations including practical necessary for award of the degree have been completed, in order to be eligible for admission, in the prescribed format given in the Annexure-I.
- Such candidates have to produce their final result latest by 30th September 2017; else their admission will stand cancelled and all fees paid including Caution deposit will be forfeited by the Institute.
How to Apply?
- Interested candidates satisfying the eligibility criteria may submit online application at http://eapplication.nitrkl.ac.in following the instructions.
- Applicants are advised to a. Read the advertisement carefully, b. Read the instructions to fill up the online application form c. Fill up and submit the online application form accordingly. d. Pay non-refundable application fee of Rs.500/- online at the same portal
- Applicants are NOT required to send hard copy of the application form or any other document(s) to NIT Rourkela. However, candidates will be required to submit the following at the time of reporting for selection/admission: a. Signed copy of the application form b. A set of Xerox copies of all certificates from HSC onwards
- The same will be forwarded to the Academic Office by the department for record. They also need to produce original certificates from HSC onwards for verification.
- The list of selected candidates will be displayed in our Institute website www.nitrkl.ac.in and no postal intimation will be sent to the selected candidates.
- Application form will be available at the Institute website for online Submission http://eapplication.nitrkl.ac.in : APRIL 11, 2017
- Closing date of online application: MAY 25, 2017
- Publication of list of applicants shortlisted for Written test and counselling: MAY 29, 2017
- Date of interview/written test , Counselling and Admission(tentative): JUNE 09, 2017
- Registration for the 1st Semester (Tentative): JULY 24, 2017
- Starting of class for the 1st Semester (Tentative) JULY 25, 2017