Call for Papers: NIT Rourkela’s Conference on Waste to Energy, Carbon Capture & Storage [Aug 3-5]: Submit by June 15
Globally, organic wastes are available in the form of municipal, industrial and agriculture wastes, and are largely disposed of every year. Accumulation of different organic wastes in land, sea and air increases anthropogenic gases which lead to increase in global warming potential (GWP). Waste-to-energy (WtE) or energy-from-waste (EfW) is one of the methods to reduce the emissions of anthropogenic gases resulted from the accumulation of organic wastes.
The conference will focus on the following topics, but not limited to:
- Alternative Fuels
- Algal technology
- Biotechniques for air and water pollution control
- Control of anthropogenic gases
- Thermal depolymerisation
- Anaerobic digestion
- Fermentation technology
- Mechanical – biological treatment
- Energy/Fuels from m solid waste management
- Power generation from organic wastes
- Energy from waste for fuel cell applications
- CO2 separation technologies
- Transportation of CO2
- Carbon storage
- CO2 recycling
- CO2 capture and storage in mining
- Green energy
Call for papers:
- Original and unpublished research work/ practice on any one or more of the themes indicated above are invited from practicing engineers, academicians, R&D personnel, consultants and manufacturers. The paper should strictly conform to the following:
- The official language for the conference will be English for all purposes. All correspondence and the papers will be entertained only in English.
- Abstract of the paper must be typed in single space within 300 words. The full text of paper must not exceed 6 pages of A4 size in single space using new Times Roman font of size 12 including abstracts, appendices, tables, illustrations, and photographs. Each author must provide a soft copy by email to firstname.lastname@example.org in MS-word format.
- Faculties from academic institutions: Rs. 2000/-
- Participants from industries: Rs. 10000/-
- Research Scholars / Students: Rs. 1000/-
All payments should be made through A/c payee Demand Draft in favor of “CONFERENCE NIT ROURKELA”, payable at SBI NIT Campus Branch, Rourkela (IFSC Code: SBIN0002109) or through NEFT transfer to A/c No. 36734418111.
- Last date for abstract submission: 15-06-2017
- Intimation on selection of abstract by mail: 30-06-2017
- Camera-ready paper submission: 20-07-2017
- Registration for conference presentation: 25-07-2017
For more details, please visit this link.
About the Author
The author is a final year law student from Calcutta who takes her subject seriously and passionately. Spends most of her time online, with dozens of browser tabs open at a time. Is a bookworm, pop-culture geek, and a foodie. Willing to work for pizza.