Nation’s economic strength can be predicted by its Metal Machining activities and skill of its operators at shop floors. Globalization and information revolution make the machining practices mandatory to achieve quality in order to stay competitive in the cutthroat market. In the recent years, there has been a healthy rise in the product quality in order to survive in the aggressive competition across the manufacturing sectors.
The present short term training program is designed to provide the participants with an opportunity to self-operate the different machines and be familiar with the advanced machining operations.
- To be acquainted with Machines, tools, job & tool holding devices.
- To be conversant with different operations performed.
- To provide an opportunity to self-operate the machines.
- To be familiar with the advanced machining operations.
Training contents: Introduction, Numerical Machines, Part programming, Coordinate systems, Array program, Tool setting, Offset setting, Instruction for CNC milling and Turning, Self- practice
Duration: One Week
- First session: 12-16 June 2017
- Second session: 19-23 June 2017
Qualification in Mechanical/ Production/ Manufacturing/ Automobile or equivalent/ Experienced Machinist
- Rs. 2,500/- per participant from educational institutes;
- Rs. 3,500/- per participant from industry and R&D organizations
No TA/ DA or accommodation will be provided for attending the training program. Depending on the availability accommodation may be arranged at Guest house/Hostel on payment basis.
The course fee should be sent in advance through a bank draft along with the duly filled Application form. The DD should be drawn in favor of ‘Continuing Education, NIT Rourkela’ Payable at Rourkela and reach 7 days before the starting of the program.
The application form should be sent to:
Mechanical Engineering Department,
National Institute of Technology, Rourkela-769008.
Ph: 0661 – 2462520
Application Dates: Application should reach 7 days before the starting of the program.
For more details, please see the official notification here.