The National Institute of Technology (NIT), Nagaland is looking to hire the services of faculty members of English Language discipline (below 65 years of age) on ad-hoc basis, who have retired from IITs/ NITs/ Central Universities as Senior Visiting Professor for teaching English language courses and guiding Ph.D. scholars as co-guide during their duration of stay in the institute.
National Institute of Technology Nagaland, a premier institute of higher learning, is one of the 31 NITs established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. The basic aim of this Institute is to provide quality technical education, conduct original research of high standards, provide leadership in technological innovations for industrial growth, and primarily for enhancing the scope of technical education in the state of Nagaland.
- Retired Professor of English Language discipline from IITs, NITs and Central Universities.
- In accordance with the latest orders of Ministry of Human Resources Development, Government of India for Visiting Faculty/ Adjunct Faculty Positions.
Honorarium (Consolidated) as per Government rules ranging from Rs. 1.1 Lakhs to the maximum ceiling of Rs. 1.2 Lakhs per month depending on their qualifications and experience.
After the completion of the prescribed period tenure (after one year) the Senior Visiting Professor is allowed to continue his/ her Ph.D., guide-ship without any financial commitments and demanding their continuity or extension of the tenure in the Institute. Senior Visiting Professor will be engaged on full time basis initially for one year as per availability of vacancy within the sanctioned post for faculty. They will be assigned academic responsibilities and additional responsibilities on par with regular faculty members.
How to Apply?
To download the application form, click here.
Interested candidates are requested send their application in the prescribed form, along with the documents given below for the position of Visiting Faculty (English):
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of patents/ copyrights
- List of up to 10 best publications with reprints
- Specific contributions to teaching, research, designs, projects, development of course material and teaching methodology etc.
- Confidential Reference from three eminent subject experts who are not less than the rank of Senior Professor or a Professor of at least ten years experience with their Names and Addresses (with e-mail address and fax numbers) of at least three referees in sealed envelopes. This document can be submitted at the time of Interview.
The Filled-in application form along with summary sheet and necessary documents should reach The Registrar, National Institute of Technology Nagaland, Chumukedima, Dimapur, Nagaland-797103 or before 25/1/2021 before 17:00 Hrs.
Candidates are advised to send their advance applications and relevant documents through e-mail also to email@example.com or/ and firstname.lastname@example.org.
For full notification, click the link below.