National Institute of Technology (NIT) Meghalaya invites applications to admit young researchers as Institute Post-doctoral Fellows (IPDFs) and Sponsored Post-doctoral Fellows (SPDFs) under the Post-doctoral scheme. Under this scheme, IPDF/ SPDF will be provided with the opportunities to do quality research work in the appropriate area.
The Institute shall admit Post-doctoral fellows under two following categories:
- “Institute Post-doctoral Fellows (IPDF)” means a Post-doctoral Fellow, who is admitted to the Postdoctoral Programme of NIT Meghalaya through the procedures adopted by the Institute and avails Fellowship from the Institute fund.
- “Sponsored Post-doctoral Fellow(SPDF)” means a Post-doctoral Fellow, who is admitted to the Postdoctoral Programme of NIT Meghalaya through the procedures adopted by the Institute and avails Fellowships from any recognized funding agencies like SERB, CSIR, DST, etc of the Government of India.
- The applicant should be an Indian citizen.
- The applicant must have obtained a PhD degree from a recognized University/ Institute/ National Laboratory having a relevant preceding degree with consistently a good academic record in both UG and PG.
- PhD scholars, who have submitted their thesis, also are eligible to apply. If selected, he/ she will be offered a lower fellowship amount till the award of PhD degree. However, they have to submit the provisional/degree certificate within 6 months from the date of appointment as an Institute PDF. If it is not submitted within the time limit, the appointment will stand cancelled.
- The applicant should have published 2 SCI publications or 2 Scopus publications or 1 patent to their credit as the first author based on his/ her PhD research work.
- A PhD degree holder from NIT Meghalaya is eligible to apply only after gaining one year of post-Ph.D relevant experience and the mentor to opt is other than his/ her PhD supervisor(s).
- The maximum age is 35 years. It can be relaxed for women, reserved category and PWD candidates as per Government of India norms. Age shall be calculated based on the last date of submission of the application form.
- Each Department shall make the Shortlisting of applications based on the Academic and Research records.
- Shortlisted candidates will present his/ her research work (including PhD & Proposed future work) before the Departmental Research Committee (DRC).
- Each Department shall forward the primarily recommended list to the Academic Section. The Post-doctoral Selection Committee shall select the Post-doctoral Fellows under both IPDF and SPDF categories in the light of appropriate research standards.
Postdoctoral Fellows Tenure and Fellowship
- The appointment of Institute Post-doctoral Fellows is purely a temporary assignment and is tenable for a period of 2 years. The tenure of Sponsored Post-doctoral Fellows (SPDF) will be as per the guidelines of sponsored organization.
- The Post-doctoral Fellows shall be entitled to receive the fellowships as given below:
|Sl no||Categories||Funding Source||Fellowship Amount|
|1||IPDF (Institute Postdoctoral Fellow)||Institute Fund||Rs. 55,000/- p.m. (consolidated) and Rs. 40,000/- p.m. for candidates who have submitted the thesis but degree not yet awarded|
|2||SPDF ( Sponsored Postdoctoral Fellow)||Sanctioned grants from sponsoring agency/ organizations.||As per norms of sponsored agencies/ organizations.|
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is May 5, 2021.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For full notification, click the link below.