NIT, Kurukshetra is inviting applicants for the post of junior research fellow (JRF) for a Space Application Centre (ISRO) funded research project under the title “classification and feature selection of AVIRIS-NG airborne hyperspectral data for crop cover mapping/urban mapping”
ME/MTech in Geomatics/Remote Sensing/Computer Science Engineering/Computer Engineering (with knowledge of hyperspectral remote sensing/image processing) or post graduate degree in basic science with expertise in remote sensing with NET/GATE or equivalent qualification with at least 650/o marks or at least 6.5/10 cumulative Performance Index (cpD or cumulative Grade point Average (CGPA) (60% marks or 6.0 CGpAiCpI for SC/ST).
- Duration: 2 years
- Principal Investigator: Dr. Mahesh Pal, Department of civil Engineering, NIT Kurukshetra
- Co-principal Investigator: Dr. Mantosh Biswas, Kurukshetra Department of Computer Science NIT, Kurukshetra.
Details of Post
- Number of Post: 01
- Monthly Salary: Rs 25,000/-
- Post: Junior Research Fellow.
- Upper age limit: 28 years.
nterested candidate should send their bio-data including photograph and scanned copies of educational qualifications, and a Statement of Interest, to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org on or before May 20.
- Work/project development experience in area of remote sensing image processing, pattern recognition, geographical information system is desirable. Candidate should have good programming skill (MATLAB/ python/ C++)
- Selected candidates will be encouraged to join and complete Ph.D. at NIT Kurukshetra.
- Candidates must bring relevant documents project report (ifany), work/research experience and any other details about his/her work related to remote sansing/pattern recognition.
- With a possibility of hostel accommodation, no HRA is admissible. HRA will be provided as per the rules only if available from funding agency.
For more details, please check this link