The National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur is recruiting Assistant Professors for its various departments. The last date to apply is November 24, 2017.
The various departments for which Assistant Professors are being recruited by the college are:
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Applications
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- Humanities, Social Sciences and Management
- PB-3 (Rs.15,600 – 39,100 with AGP Rs.6000/7000/8000
- : Posts of Assistant Professor with AGP of Rs.6000/- (On contract), AGP Rs.7000/- (On
contract) and Rs.8000/- (Regular).
- Unreserved: 57
- OBC: 38
- SC: 17
- ST: 11
- PWD: 4
- Total: 123
- For all Engineering Departments: B.Tech. or any equivalent degree / MCA and / or M.
Tech. or any equivalent degree, in relevant discipline.
- For Humanities / Management / Sciences: B.A. / B.Sc. / B.Com. or any equivalent
undergraduate degree and / or M.A. / M.Sc. / M. Com. / M.B.A. or any equivalent P.G.
degree, in relevant discipline.
Fresh appointment beyond the age of 60 years is discouraged except in the case of
faculty with exceptionally brilliant research career and with on-going or approved
externally funded research project.
Period of Probation: One year.
Each application must be accompanied by non-refundable Application Fee of 1500/-
(Rupees One Thousand Five Hundred Only) for UR and OBC applicants. No application
fee is required from SC/ST & PWD categories and employees / teachers of NIT
Jamshedpur. The Application Fee should be remitted through Demand Draft in favour of
Director, NIT Jamshedpur payable at Jamshedpur. Please write Applicant Name /
Post / Department applied for on the back of Demand Draft.