Applications are invited from Indian Nationals, with a consistently good academic record and interdisciplinary research potential, for full-time Institute Post-Doctoral Fellowships (PDFs) to carry out research in various areas at the Institute.
The National Institute of Technology, Durgapur is located at the heart of the steel city of Durgapur, one of the fastest-growing tier-II city, in the state of West Bengal. The Institute is located about 160 KMs north-west of Kolkata on the Howrah-Delhi Main Railway-Route and overlooking the National Highway No. 2 (the great Grand- Trunk Road).
- Biotechnology (BT)
- Chemical Engineering (CH)
- Civil Engineering (CE)
- Computer Science & Engineering (CS)
- Chemistry (CY)
- Earth and Environmental Studies (ES)
- Electronics & Communication Engineering (EC)
- Electrical Engineering (EE)
- Humanities & Social Studies (HS)
- Mathematics (MA)
- Mechanical Engineering (ME)
- Metallurgical & Materials Engineering (MM)
- Management Studies (MS)
- Physics (PH)
- Apart from the research pursued by the PDF, services of the postdoctoral Fellow will be utilized by the concerned Department/ Centre for up to 8 hours per week for academic assistance in the departmental work including teaching assistantship, handling of tutorials, and laboratory work.
- The PDFs will be eligible to serve as co-guide for B.Tech./ M.Sc./ M.Tech. projects along with the mentor with the approval of the concerned DAC and Dean (academic).
Candidates with a Ph.D. degree in an appropriate discipline, with a consistently good academic record throughout, can apply for the Institute Post-Doctoral Fellowship positions.
Post-Doctoral Fellow shall be paid a fellowship amount of Rs.50,000/- per month consolidated pay. If available, suitable on-campus accommodation may be provided as per NIT Durgapur norms. No House Rent Allowance will be paid.
A contingency grant of Rs. 30,000 per annum will be provided to the Post-Doctoral Fellow for research consumables, contingency, and for attending National or International Conference/ Workshop.
The duration of the fellowship is initially for a period of one year.
How to Apply?
The application fee of Rs 1,500/- (Rs 1,000/- for SC/ ST/ PWD candidates), which is non-refundable, has to be paid to the following account by means of NEFT or IMPS to the following account details: Name of the account: National Institute of Technology Durgapur; Account Number: 8569101000352; Name of the Bank: Canara Bank; Name of the branch: NIT Durgapur; IFSC Code: CNRB0008569.
To download the application form, click here.
The envelope should be super-scribed as “Application for Post-Doctoral Fellowship” and posted to JR (Establishment), National Institute of Technology Durgapur, Mahatma Gandhi Avenue, Durgapur-713209, W.B., India. The last date to apply is February 12, 2021.
Phone: (91) 9434788060
Email ID: email@example.com
For full notification, click the link below.