NIT Calicut is organizing a 6-day National Workshop on Precision Measurements and Nanomechanical Testing during July 15-20.
About the workshop:
The 6-day workshop is designed to provide state-of-the-art trends and advances in precision measurements and nanomechanical testing. The will comprise both theory and practical sessions.
During the workshop, sophisticated facilities acquired through DST-FIST and other equipment available at the Advanced Manufacturing Centre will be demonstrated. The major instruments include Nanoindenter (TI Premier-Hysitron/ Bruker), 3D Profilometer (InfiniteFocus G5- Alicona/Bruker), 5 axis CNC CMM (Mitutoyo), etc.
- Micro/Nanoindentation, SPM techniques.
- Measurement of physical and mechanical properties at the micro-nanoscale.
- Factors influencing the structure-property-processing performance correlation of metallic materials and alloys.
- Micro/nanometrology, Precision optical metrology.
- Optical profilometers for measurement and evaluation of 3-D surface topography.
- 3D parameters and filtering techniques.
- Spectral analysis of surface roughness.
- Measurement of form errors using CNC CMM, Form Testing, Articulated CMM, and Laser Scanning.
- Uncertainty quantification: principles and methods as per ISO standards.
- Research advances in precision micro/nano machining, and measurements.
Who can attend?
- Students at all levels (B.Tech./M.Tech./Ph.D., in Mechanical/ Production Engineering and allied areas).
- Faculty from reputed academic institutions and technical institutions with an aptitude for doing continuous research in these areas.
- Executives, engineers, and researchers from government organizations/industries, including R&D organizations.
How to register?
The duly filled up registration form and the DD/ NEFT/RTGS receipt must be sent to:
Dr. Jose Mathew, Professor & Coordinator
National Workshop on Precision Measurements and Nanomechanical Testing
Department of Mechanical Engineering, National Institute of Technology Calicut
NIT Campus P.O., Kozhikode- 673601, Kerala, India
- Industry/Research Organizations: 10000 INR.
- Faculty from Academic Institutions: 8000 INR.
- Research Scholars/Students (getting stipend): 4000 INR.
- Students(not getting a stipend): 1500 INR.
- Participants from Abroad: 300 USD.
- Last date for receiving applications: July 01, 2019.
- Last date for Intimation to participants by email: July 02, 2019.
- Course dates: July 15-20, 2019.
Phone: +919447416639, +914952286405;