NIT Calicut invites applications from meritorious candidates for admissions into its Ph.D. Program for the academic session beginning from the monsoon semester.
The Ph.D. program is available in the following three categories: Full Time, Part Time and External. The Ph.D. fellowships are available for candidates under a Full-time scheme.
For the Part-time and External schemes of registration, the applicant must be a permanent employee of a recognized institution/organization with at least two years of service and be engaged in professional work in the area to which admission is sought.
- Architecture and Planning
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Management Studies
- Material Science and Engineering
- For Ph.D. in Engineering: ME/ M.Tech Degree in the appropriate branch of study with minimum 60% marks (CGPA 6.5/ 10) [For SC/ ST/ PWD candidates, the minimum mark is 55% (CGPA 6.0/10)]. Candidates shall be required to have passed B.E./ B.Tech. Degree in an appropriate branch with minimum 60% marks (CGPA 6.5/10) in aggregate in the qualifying examination.
- For Ph.D. in Architecture & Planning: Master’s degree in Architecture/ Design/ Planning/ Engineering/ Technology or its equivalent with minimum 60% marks (CGPA 6.5/ 10) [For SC/ ST/ PWD candidates, the minimum mark is 55% (CGPA 6.0/ 10)]. Candidates should possess a minimum of 60% marks (CGPA 6.5/ 10) or equivalent both in Bachelors’ and Masters’s degrees.
- For Ph.D. in Materials Science & Engineering: ME/ M.Tech Degree in the appropriate branch of study /Nanoscience and Technology with minimum 60% marks (CGPA 6.5/10) [For SC/ ST/ PWD candidates, the minimum mark is 55% (CGPA 6.0/10)].
- For Ph.D. in Biotechnology: ME/ M.Tech. Degree in Biotechnology/ Life Science with minimum 60% marks (CGPA 6.5/10) [For SC/ST/PWD candidates, the minimum mark is 55% (CGPA 6.0/ 10)].
- For Ph.D. in Sciences: Master’s degree in Mathematics/Statistics/Chemistry/Physics/Electronics/Computer Science and Applications/ Nano Science and Technology/ Material Science/ Photonics with minimum 60% marks (CGPA 6.5/10) or equivalent, (for SC/ST/PWD candidates, the minimum mark is 55% (CGPA 6.0/10)] and a valid GATE score or UGC/CSIR/NBHM/NET/JEST/KSCSTE fellowship in the relevant areas tenable from the current year.
- For Ph.D. in Management: Candidates should possess a minimum of 60% marks (CGPA 6.5/10) or equivalent both in Bachelors and Masters degrees in a relevant area from an Institution recognized by UGC/AICTE [For SC/ST/PWD candidates 55% (CGPA 6.0/10) or equivalent both in Bachelors and Masters degrees].
Candidates with B.E./ B. Tech. or equivalent with 8.5 CGPA on a 10-point scale or 80% Marks [For SC/ ST/ PWD candidates, 8 CGPA on a 10-point scale or 75% Marks] are eligible to apply for direct Ph.D. admission within 5 years after obtaining the qualifying degree.
An additional criterion of GATE score (obtained at some point in time in the past) in the respective disciplines or fellowships such as JRF/ UGC/ NET/ CSIR/ KSCSTE etc. or qualification in any other national level tests as specified by the GoI order is also mandatory.
Half-time Research Assistantship (HTRA) is available for a few full-time research scholars who are not receiving any financial support/ scholarship from other Agencies or State or Central Governments, subject to the availability as stipulated by the Ministry of Education (MoE), Govt. of India (GoI).
They are required to assist the Department in the academic work for at least 8 hours per week as per guidelines issued by the MoE, in addition to satisfying other conditions for the award/ renewal of the fellowship. The award and renewal of the assistantship/ scholarship are as per the guidelines reissued by GoI, from time to time.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
The last date to apply is May 15, 2021.
For full notification, click the link below.
For more such opportunities, check below: