The School of Management Studies, National Institute of Technology (NIT), Calicut invites applications for its two-year residential MBA program at the institute.
National Institute of Technology Calicut (NITC) is fully centrally funded by MHRD and is governed by the NIT Act 2007. Institute has ten departments, three schools, and nine research centers. It offers ten UG, and thirty PG programs along with the Ph.D. program in various fields of Science, Technology, and Engineering. Faculties in the various Departments have active collaborations with universities and elite institutions within and outside India for research and have active consultancy for industries.
Admission policy shall be decided from time to time by the Senate of the Institute, following the guidelines issued by MHRD, Government of India. The minimum academic qualifications to apply for admission to the MBA program 2021-23 at NIT Calicut are as follows:
Bachelors Degree from a recognized University or Institution, on a full-time basis with minimum 60% marks (or CGPA 6.5/10) for GEN/GEN-EWS/OBC and 55% marks (or CGPA 6.0/10) for SC/ ST/ PWD. Conversion from CGPA to the percentage or vice versa given by individual Institutes/universities will not be considered/ allowed. The applicants should also have a valid Common Admission Test (CAT) score.
Students appearing for the final semester/year Bachelor’s degree during the academic year 2020-21 can also apply provided their final semester/year marks are made available by 15th September 2021. Such candidates may be considered for provisional admission. Any candidate admitted provisionally, subject to his/her producing provisional certificate and mark lists as proof of having satisfied the eligibility criteria shall have to discontinue the course, if he/ she does not produce the provisional certificate and mark lists (satisfying the minimum requirements of marks / CGPA) on or before 15th September 2021.
Sponsored Candidates – (up to 5 students)
Candidates sponsored by their employers to pursue an MBA at NIT Calicut should forward their application through the proper channel. They must have a minimum work experience of three years in the sponsoring organization, after graduation in any of the disciplines and qualifications prescribed for regular candidates. Applicants with a valid score in national levels entrance tests such as CAT/ CMAT or equivalent would be preferred. Students are selected based on their performance in Personal Interview.
The selection will be based on scores obtained in CAT and performance in the group discussion/ personal interviews. Credits will be accounted for work experience, scores of Graduation, PG/ PG Diploma, 10th, and 12th Class, etc. Communication regarding the center of the interview would be sent separately. Interviews were conducted previously in Delhi, Kolkatta, Chennai, apart from Calicut.
How to Apply?
- The Application fee is Rs.1000/- for Open/ OBC/ EWS/ PwD candidates and Rs.500/- for SC/ ST candidates.
- The Application fee is Non-refundable.
- Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
- If the original certificates are not in English/Hindi, English/Hindi version/ translation of such certificates, duly certified by the Principal/ Director or other competent authority of the graduating Institute, will be required during the verification of documents.
- Applications that are incomplete/ defective/ received late will be rejected summarily and no correspondence will be entertained on such applications.
- Last date for submission of completed application: March 15, 2021
- Publication of list of candidates selected for GD/ PI: Mar 18, 2021
- Tentative dates of Group Discussions/ Personal Interview: Mar 23-27, 2021
- Publication of results: Apr 09, 2021
- Admission: Apr 22, 2021
Coordinator MBA Admissions, School of Management Studies, National Institute of Technology Calicut
NIT Campus P.O., Calicut-673 601 Kerala, India,
Telephone: +91-495 2286075,
For full notification, click the link below.