Call for Papers: NISER’s National Conference On Science, Technology and Society [Bhubaneswar, July 21-23]: Submit by June 20
National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) welcomes research papers that fall in the broader area of Social Development with specific or concealed reference to Science, Technology and Society.
NISER Bhubaneswar is organizing a national conference on Science, Technology and Society with the following objectives:
- To enable systematic and cross-disciplinary discussions related to science, technology, and society in the larger context on social development
- Presentation and discussion of various issues in social development with a special focus on scientific and technological advancement and its relation to society, fostering interdisciplinary conversations about contemporary issues in Science and Technology that are socially relevant.
- Topics will include and not be restricted to transition for scientific developments to technological developments and impacts of technological development on various aspects of society; ethics and human values, social issues, environmental concerns, and government policy; Social problem solving of Science and Technology, digital Society, e-governance, science communication and international competition, etc.
- The deliberations will engage the scholars and practitioners interested in the nature of knowledge and the role of expertise in modern societies. It brings together social scientists working at the intersections of science, politics, and public policy, as well as those in the sciences and engineering, medicine who have a serious interest in exploring these areas with representatives of other disciplines.
- The conference also aims at bringing together academicians and research scholars engaged in relevant areas of theoretical empirical research. Mid career professionals and young social scientists are also encouraged to present their research findings and work in progress.
NISER welcomes research papers that fall in the broader area of Social Development with specific or concealed reference to Science, Technology and Society.
All those who are interested in submitting papers for the Conference should send the softcopy of the full paper and the abstract (300 words) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The last date for submission of papers is 20 June 2017.
Communication about the acceptance of papers will be conveyed to the authors by 30 June 2017.
Registration is mandatory for attending the conference. However, there is no registration fee.
Online registration link will be activated on the conference website by second week of May 2017.
One of the authors of the accepted paper will be allowed to register for the conference. However, as many co-authors can attend the conference at their own expenses.
National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER),Bhubaneswar
At/PO-Jatni, District-Khurda Pin- 752050, Odisha, India
Accommodation or Local Hospitality:
For accommodation and other local logistical details, please contact the local organizing secretary, Dr Pranay Kumar Swain at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or Mr Hiralal Das, Email: email@example.com.
Dr Pranay Kumar Swain, Local Organising Secretary
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Mob: 9937009939, 9439861939
Click here for the official notification.
About the Author