Nirma University invites applications for Full-Time Ph.D Programme in Management (with Stipend) and Part-Time Ph.D Programme in Management.
Eligibility Criteria: For Ph.D. (Full-Time & Part-Time Programme)
Candidates for admission to the. programme shall have a Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions..
Candidates possessing a Degree considered equivalent to M.Phil. Degree of an Indian Institution, from a Foreign Educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions, shall be eligible for admission to Ph.D. programme.
The selection criterion for the admission in Ph.D programme are as under
- An Entrance Test shall be qualifying with qualifying marks as 50%. The syllabus of the Entrance Test shall consist of 50% of research methodology and 50% shall be subject specific.
- The list of candidates clearing the entrance test shall be declared on the notice board/ website of the University.
- An interview/viva-voce to be organized by the University when the candidates are required to discuss their research interest/area through a presentation before Department Research Committee specified under R.Ph.D 2.3.
- The candidates who qualify the UGC-NET (Including JRF) UGC-CSIR NET (Including JRF) SLET/ GATE/GPAT with a valid score in terms of cut-off marks and duration, teacher fellowship holder or who have passed M.Phil programme shall be exempted from appearing in the entrance test and deemed to be qualified for personal interview.
The interview/viva-voce shall also consider the following aspects, viz. whether:
- the candidate possesses the competence for the proposed research;
- the research work can be suitably undertaken at the Institution;
- the proposed area of research can contribute to new/additional knowledge. Final merit shall be based on the merit of interview/viva-voce
On the recommendation of the Departmental Research Committee and on the approval of Dean, Faculty of Doctoral Studies & Research the list of selected candidates will be displayed on the notice board / website of the University.
However, the final admission will be given after getting eligibility as per the provisions of the relevant regulations of the University.
How to apply
Apply online at this link.
- The last date for receiving application for Ph.D Programme (Full-Time) in Faculty of Management is 26/04/2018.
- The last date for receiving application for Ph.D Programme (Part-Time) in Faculty of Management is 29/04/2018.
For any queries, call +91-79-30642682 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For official website link, click here.