Photography is not ‘just a hobby’ for youngsters nowadays. Rather, it has become an emerging career option for them. If you have an urge to capture special moments on your camera with a certain technical understanding and artistic ability, photography is a suitable profession for you. In today’s competitive era, the demand for skilful photographers has increased tremendously.
Therefore, there are institutions which offer photography-related courses to help aspirants gain relevant professional knowledge and skills. However, the fees, camera and other instruments related to this career option may burn a hole in your pocket. Thus, to support the dreams of next- generation photographers, Nikon India Private Limited has come up with the Nikon Scholarship Program.
About the Nikon Scholarship Program
An initiative of Nikon India, Nikon Scholarship Program aims to support the students from underprivileged sections of the society to pursue photography-related courses. Under this program, the students who have passed Class 12 examination and are enrolled in a photography course (with duration of 3 months or more) can avail scholarship benefit of up to INR 1 lakh. This scholarship program has been introduced as part of Nikon India’s CSR initiative that aims to empower individuals and strengthen society.
- Open for students pursuing photography-related courses with duration of 3 months or more.
- The students must have passed Class 12.
- The annual income of the family should be less than INR 6,00,000 (6 lakhs) per annum.
- Children of Nikon India Private Limited/Buddy4Study employees are not eligible for this program
Upto INR 1 lakh
The selection of scholars for the Nikon Scholarship Program involves a multi-stage process. The scholars will be selected based on their family income and academic background. The key steps of the selection process are mentioned below:
- Screening of scholarship applications based on financial need and academic background.
- Telephonic interviews for further shortlisting of candidates.
- Face-to-face interview for final selection (if required).
How to apply
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship online through Buddy4Study portal. Follow the steps given below to apply for the Nikon Scholarship Program:
Step 1: Visit the detail page of ‘Nikon Scholarship Program’.
Application Link: Click here
Step 2: Read all the details carefully and click on the ‘Apply Now’ button.
Step 3: The application page will open. Click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application or click on ‘Start Application’ (if already logged in)
Step 4: Fill in the scholarship application with all required details and upload all relevant documents.
Step 5: Submit the duly completed application.
Key Documents Required
While applying online, the students need to submit the following documents in support of their application
- Photo identity proof
- Address proof
- Self-attested copy of Class 12 marksheet
- Admission proof such as college ID card, admission fees receipt, etc.
- Current academic year fee receipt
- Bank account details of the applicant such as cancelled cheque/passbook copy
For full details, click the link below.