Applications are invited from eminent scientists (Indian Citizens) having a proven scientific record in areas such as immunology/ cell biology/ molecular biology/ disease biology, and possessing excellent leadership ability, for the post of Director, NII, New Delhi on deputation (including short term contract).
National Institute of Immunology (NII), an autonomous institute under the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India, has the mandate of carrying out high-quality basic and applied research. The Institute is committed to advancing research addressing the basic mechanisms involved in the body’s defenses, host-pathogen interactions, and related areas.
- The position of Director offers a unique opportunity for the individual in providing strong and visionary leadership to the institution.
- He/ she shall be the Principal Executive/Chief Executive of the Institute and shall be responsible for leading and nurturing the core multi-disciplinary research faculty, developing policies, fostering collaboration with scientific, medical, and engineering partner institutions, developing mechanism for collaborations with industry, recruitment of appropriate faculty and management of the extramural activities including supporting research resource units in other Institutes and other duties as may be required for the proper administration of the affairs of
- The Institute encourages the creation of knowledge and benefit-sharing related to IPR.
- Ph.D./ MD in Life / Medical /allied Sciences or equivalent;
- Minimum 15 years research experience in the area of specialization such as immunology/ cell biology/ molecular biology/ disease biology;
- Excellent track record, hand in publications, patents, and awards.
- Scientists from Central/ State Government, Research Institutes, Autonomous Bodies, Government-funded Research Organizations/Institutes, etc.: Holding analogous post on regular basis in the parent department; or
With 5 years service in post at Level-14 (equivalent to PB-4, GP 10,000, as per 6th CPC Scale) or equivalent in the parent cadre/ Department and possess the qualification & experience.
The selected incumbent will be placed in Level 17 (7th CPC). The pay in the revised pay structure is Rs. 2,25,000/- (excluding DA, HRA, and TA). A semi-furnished on-campus, accommodation would be provided. Other benefits/ allowances shall be as per rules applicable for appointment on a deputation/ (ISTC) basis.
How to Apply?
To download the application form, click here.
Complete applications (7 copies) strictly as per the format respectively with a passport size photograph fixed at the space shown in the format along with testimonials including a list of publications indicating impact factors should be sent to Shri Subodh Kumar Ram, Under Secretary, Room No. 619, 6th Floor, Department of Biotechnology, Block-2, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110003, superscribing the cover “Application for the Post of Director, National Institute of Immunology (NII), New Delhi”. The last date to apply is April 30, 2021.
The soft copy of the application may also be sent by e-mail to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
For full notification, click the link below.