Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, National Institute of Immunology, PanIIT Alumni Reach for India Foundation, and FIND India has initiated a three-week hands-on molecular diagnostic training for microbial diseases such as COVID-19 and Dengue. The training effort is supported by the Prime Minister’s Scientific Advisor’s office and funded by Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
At the moment there is no fee to participate in the workshop and accommodation will be provided by respective centers. Candidates will be paid Sleeper train fare for the journey from the nearest railway station to their place of residence. All candidates are inquired to produce their COVID-19 test report (PCR or Antigen) indicating negative.
The workshop will be conducted at the following sites:
- Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Hyderabad
- National Institute of Immunology, New Delhi
- PanIIT Alumni Reach for India Foundation, Ranchi
General Schedule of the training:
- Week 1: Online via Zoom. Fundamentals of Molecular Biology and principles of testing; 12 hours RT-PCR online course by Future Learn – FIND India course.
- Week 2 & 3: Onsite. Hands-on training at one of the institutes and visits to BSL-2 and BSL-3 lab facilities.
Who can Apply?
Lab technicians and Pathologists are invited to apply online.
Interested candidates can register online by clicking here.
For full notification, click the link below.