National Institute of Disaster Management (NIDM), Delhi invites applications from students pursuing Graduation/ Post Graduation Degree/ Diploma (any discipline) for the NIDM Internship in the field of disaster management.
Interns will be inducted for a maximum period of 8-12 weeks and shall be open all year for the FY 2020. The selected interns will be given a certificate on successful completion of the internship.
National Institute of Disaster Management abbr. NIDM is a premier institute for training and capacity development programs for managing natural disasters in India, on a national as well as regional basis.
- The interns will be required to present an Internship Report to NIDM at the end of the internship in the prescribed format.
- Interns may also be asked to make a presentation about their assigned activity(s).
- The report submitted by the intern will be the sole property of NIDM and the Institute is free to use its contents in any form of documentation.
- Although a copy of the report will be given to the intern/ concerned institution/ agency, who had sponsored the intern.
Students pursuing graduation, post-graduation, Diploma, M.Phil courses shall be eligible, in general, for admission as Interns. Interns shall be assigned tasks/ activities pertaining to the mandate of NIDM.
The duration of the internship will in general be 8-12 weeks (3 months).
Support to Interns
- Interns will be provided the opportunity to attend workshops, conferences, and seminars, training programs conducted during the period of internship.
- Interns will be provided with the necessary logistics support, i.e. office space and computer with internet facility.
The applications received for the Internship will be reviewed by the NIDM administration for the purpose on the basis of the qualification and experience of the candidates. The final decision shall be taken by the Executive Director, NIDM.
How to Apply?
To download the application form, click here.
The interested and eligible students must send their applications, along with their CVs in the enclosed prescribed format, duly forwarded by nominating institution/ agency, to the Executive Director, National Institute of Disaster Management, Ministry of Home Affairs, A-wing, 4th floor, NDCC-II Building, Jai Singh Road, New Delhi – 110001.
At the end of the internship, a certificate will be issued only to those who successfully complete the assigned work and submit their report within the stipulated time of internship (except in very emergent situations/ conditions). In such emergent cases, Executive Director NIDM will be the competent authority to grant permission for the late submission of the report.
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Internship Opportunity at Piramal Pharma, Medak: Applications Open.