The National Institute of Advanced Studies (NIAS), Bangalore is organizing a DST Training Programme on Science & Technology: Global Developments & Perspectives from February 8 to 19, 2021.
The National Institute of Advanced Studies (NIAS), Bengaluru carries out research in multidisciplinary areas that bridge the gap between the natural and engineering sciences, social sciences, conflict, and security studies, humanities, and the arts. As part of its outreach program, NIAS conducts residential courses every year for persons in senior positions in the government and industry.
The NIAS-DST Training Programme on Science & Technology: Global Developments and Perspectives is one of the flagship training programs supported by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India. The training program offers senior and mid-career scientists across India the opportunity to interact with the experts on multiple aspects related to scientific and technological developments. Drawing from the developments globally and nationally, this course is designed to offer specialized and expert insights on various aspects of science and technology.
Known as a leading institute of inter-disciplinary research and advocacy, the National Institute of Advanced Studies (NIAS) highlights the otherwise overlooked aspects of science and technology through this training program. Over the years, scientists from the leading academic institutes, scientific laboratories, forest and agriculture research centers in India, and policymakers have participated in this training program.
- Aquatic Ecosystems
- Energy and Environment
- Climate Change Policies and Negotiation Strategies
- Ecology and Life Sciences
- Science and Technology in Agriculture
- Ocean Science and Technologies
- Management in Science and Technology
- Science Communication
- Science Diplomacy
- Science and Technology in National Security
- Sustainable Development Goals
- Interactive sessions with distinguished experts from leading organizations
- Lectures by eminent speakers
- Presentations by participants
- Group discussions
- Virtual mode using Microsoft Teams “app” for a stable and secure Videoconference experience.
To download the nomination form, click here.
The filled-in registration form should be sent to the National Institute of Advanced Studies, Indian Institute of Science Campus, Bangalore-560012, India.
For full notification, click the link below.