The National Institute of Advanced Studies (NIAS), Bangalore invites applications for the posts of Post-Doctoral & Project Associates under the Inequality and Human Development Program at the institute.
National Institute of Advanced Studies (NIAS) was conceived and founded in 1988 by the late Mr. J. R. D. Tata, who sought to create an institution to conduct advanced multidisciplinary research.
- Post-Doctoral Associates
- Project Associates
- Post-Doctoral Associate: They must be capable of working autonomously, and yet seamlessly, within the larger team associated with the five projects. They will have specialized research tools to address the complex issues that will emerge in each project.
- Project Associates: They are expected to have a high degree of competence in one or more of three skills: secondary and survey data analysis, qualitative fieldwork, and editing and writing reports.
- Post-doctoral Associates will have a Ph.D. in any of the social sciences. While previous relevant research and work experience are not essential, they will add to the suitability of the candidate.
- Project Associates will have a Master’s degree in any field and a deep interest in social science.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience and comparable to other premier institutions in the country.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants should submit their curriculum vitae electronically along with the following documents:-
- Covering letter
- Statement of Purpose
- Copy of degree certificate
Applicants for the post of Post-Doctoral Associate should also provide PDF copies of at least two publications/ writing samples and the Name, address, and email ID of four referees. The last date to apply is September 30, 2020. Short-listed candidates will be invited to make a presentation followed by an interview.
The applications should be addressed to: Prof Narendar Pani, Email ID: email@example.com.
For full notification, click the link below.