The Energy and Environment Program (EEP), National Institute of Advanced Studies (NIAS), Bangalore is now recruiting a Post-Doctoral Fellow.
National Institute of Advanced Studies (NIAS) is a premier institute in India engaged in interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary research in natural sciences, social sciences, arts, and humanities. It was founded by J.R.D. Tata for providing an avenue for administrators, managers, and social leaders for interaction and exchange of information with notable academics in the areas of science, arts, and humanities.
With these objectives, the institute conducts multi-level research programs and mentors talented doctoral students. The institution, based in Bengaluru, in the south Indian state of Karnataka, started functioning on 20 June 1988 with Dr. Raja Ramanna as its founder-director.
The position requires a candidate with a Doctorate in Environmental Science/ Atmospheric Sciences/ Environmental Engineering and demonstrated expertise in air pollution modeling.
The candidate should have demonstrable expertise in techno-economic modeling of microclimatic changes to develop an urban air pollution model.
The monthly emolument for this position is Rs. 47,000 + HRA (currently 24% of the basic fellowship amount).
How to Apply?
- Interested applicants should submit their curriculum vitae, including names and addresses of three referees, two relevant publications, and a brief statement of interest (not exceeding 1000 words) explaining their research plan in undertaking the project if given an opportunity to join the above-mentioned position at NIAS.
- Please collate all documents in a single electronic folder and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All applicants should clearly state Post-Doctoral Fellow for EEP Projects in the subject line of their email.
- Short-listed candidates will be invited to deliver a talk on their previous work and proposed research plan before they are interviewed at NIAS through the online mode.
- Selected candidates will have to commence their research at NIAS within 15 days of receiving the letter of appointment.
- The last date to apply is December 31, 2020.
Email ID: email@example.com
For full notification, click the link below.