The National Institute of Advanced Studies (NIAS), Bangalore invites applications for the post of Junior/ Senior Research Fellow at the institute.
National Institute of Advanced Studies (NIAS) is a premier institute in India engaged in interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary research in natural sciences, social sciences, arts, and humanities. It was founded by J.R.D. Tata for providing an avenue for administrators, managers, and social leaders for interaction and exchange of information with notable academics in the areas of science, arts, and humanities.
To study distributed embedded system architecture, dataflow, and implementation to establish system vulnerabilities (to backdoors, malicious hidden codes left inside memories., FPGAs, etc) cyber threats and resolve the issues/ take remedial measures:
- Analyze the cybersecurity vulnerabilities with respect to software, hardware, communication, protocols, encryptions, and substituted delays.
- Study any other aspect of vulnerability in the digital systems.
- Identify cyber threats, which can become critical in the future Defence system.
- Bring out the remedial measures possible to deal with the identified types of cyber threats in defense systems.
- M.Sc. in Digital Forensics and Information Security/ M. Tech. in Cyber Security and Incident Response/ M.Sc. Cyber Security/ M. Tech Computer Science/ M. Tech. in Electronics and Communications Engineering, with NET / GATE or Equivalent Qualification.
- Candidates with a minimum of 2 years of relevant research experience post-Masters degree will be considered for the level of Senior Research Fellow.
- Research experience in the field of embedded systems Cyber Security and Network Security is desirable.
You might also be interested in Post-Doctoral Fellow at NIAS, Bangalore [Monthly Salary Rs. 47k]: Apply by Dec 31.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants should submit their curriculum vitae electronically along with the following documents:
- Covering letter
- Statement of Purpose
- Copy of degree certificate
The deadline for receiving applications is 31st December 2020. Short-listed candidates will be invited to NIAS for an interview. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience and comparable to other premier institutions in the country. The applications should be addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email ID: email@example.com
For full notification, click the link below.