The School of Humanities, National Institute of Advanced Studies (NIAS), Bangalore invites applications for the posts of Junior Research Fellow/ Project Associate under an ISRO Funded Project.
National Institute of Advanced Studies (NIAS) was conceived and founded in 1988 by the late Mr. J.R.D. Tata, who sought to create an institution to conduct advanced multidisciplinary research. Housed in a picturesque green campus in Bangalore the Institute serves as a forum to bring together individuals from diverse intellectual backgrounds, in the natural and life sciences, humanities, social sciences, and conflict and security studies.
This research project is in the area of geoarchaeology and geospatial analysis of cultural landscapes. This project has a distinctive inter-disciplinary orientation and is funded by the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO).
Successful candidates will be part of a project and will work under the guidance of the Principal Investigator towards achieving deliverables of the project and will be located at the National Institute of Advanced Studies, Bangalore – 560012.
The candidates should have a research bent of mind, be prepared to travel, and conduct field survey (experience in this regard will be appreciated). The appointment will be for a period of 1 year, which can be extended based on performance.
PG Degrees in disciplines such as (but not restricted to): geomorphology, geoarchaeology, geology, archaeology, architecture, civil/ computer science engineering, town planning, remote sensing, and GIS. Additional skill sets remote sensing image analysis and ground-truthing; GPS survey and navigation; geospatial analysis.
For the JRF position the candidate should satisfy any one of the following two criteria:
- Scholars who are selected through National Eligibility Tests* – CSIR-UGC NET including lectureship (Assistant professorship) and GATE.
- The selection process through National level examinations conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies and institutions such as DST, DBT, DAE, DOS, DRDO, MHRD, ICAR, ICMR, IIT, IISc, IISER, etc.
Those who don’t satisfy any of the above two criteria can also apply but will be considered for the ‘Project Associate-I’ position.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants should submit their curriculum vitae electronically along with the following documents (all as one pdf file):-
- Covering letter expressing your interest in the advertised project
- Please provide details of the following in your application: Degrees; Research experiences; Previous work experience
- Enclose a soft copy of Degree certificate; Evidence of having cleared NET or equivalent exam.
The deadline for receiving applications is October 25th, 2020. Short-listed candidates will be invited for an online interview. The applications should be sent by email (as a single pdf document) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dr. M.B. Rajani
National Institute of Advanced Studies
Indian Institute of Science Campus
Bangalore-560 012, India
For full notification, click the link below.