The National Institute of Advanced Studies (NIAS), Bangalore invites applications from eligible candidates for a Faculty level position in the Urban and Mobility Studies program.
National Institute of Advanced Studies (NIAS) was conceived and founded in 1988 by the late Mr. J.R.D. Tata, who sought to create an institution to conduct advanced multidisciplinary research. Housed in a picturesque green campus in Bangalore the Institute serves as a forum to bring together individuals from diverse intellectual backgrounds, in the natural and life sciences, humanities, social sciences, and conflict and security studies.
The philosophy underlying NIAS is given shape by its multidisciplinary research teams. The Institute is unique in its integrated approach to the study of intersections between science and technology, philosophy, social issues, and leadership.
- Ph.D. in Social Sciences (especially Sociology), Social-Cultural Anthropology, or related fields, along with research experience that reveals academic rigour.
- The selected candidate is expected to lead and have demonstrated expertise in theoretical and field-based studies in Sociology/ Social Anthropology and related disciplines and interdisciplinary areas of research, including Urban Studies, and should have made significant contributions to the body of knowledge in these disciplines.
- The candidate must have a proven record of undertaking broad interdisciplinary studies that address questions of contemporary relevance to society at the national and international levels by engaging in critical research, raising grants, and building a team of scholars.
- The ideal candidate would help the program strengthen its focus on empirical field-based investigation, high theoretical conceptualization, and systematic evaluation that suggests specific interventions.
You might also be interested in JOB POST: Faculty Positions (Special Recruitment Drive) at IIM Kolkata [Multiple Vacancies]: Apply by Jan 8.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience and comparable to other premier institutions in the country.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants should submit their curriculum vitae electronically along with the following documents (as a single PDF document) :-
- Cover letter
- Statement of Purpose
- Copy of degree certificate
- PDF copies of at least 2 publications
- Name, address and email ID of four referees
The deadline for receiving applications is 20 January 2021. Short-listed candidates will be invited to NIAS for a presentation followed by an interview. The applications should be addressed to: Head Administration, National Institute of Advanced Studies, Indian Institute of Science Campus, Bangalore-560 012, India; E-mail: email@example.com.
For full notification, click the link below.