Applications/ Nominations are invited from Indian Nationals including non-resident Indians (NRIs) for the post of ‘Director, National Institute of Animal Biotechnology (NIAB), Hyderabad. The position offers a unique opportunity to those willing to take up a challenging assignment and provide dynamic leadership in scientific, academic, and administrative matters relating to the institute. The candidate is expected to establish NIAB as a world-class research institute and guide multi-disciplinary research teams.
The National Institute of Animal Biotechnology is an Indian autonomous research establishment of the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology.
- A Ph.D. degree in Veterinary Sciences/ Animal Sciences/ Modern Biology/ Life Sciences/ Dairy Sciences or equivalent with specialization in the relevant area.
- A minimum of 15 years of research experience in responsible positions in the area of Veterinary Sciences/ Animal Sciences or any discipline relevant to Animal/ Veterinary Sciences.
- Excellent track record in the form of quality publications, evidence of patents and Technologies developed/ Transfer.
- Professional eminence in the form of fellowships of national/ international academics, national/ international awards, etc.
- Scientists from Central/ State Governments, research institutes, autonomous bodies, Government-funded Research organizations/ Institutes, etc: holding analogous post on regular basis in the parent cadre/ department or with 5 years’ service in the post with Pay Matrix Level-14 (Rs. 1,44,200 – 2,18,200) or equivalent in the parent cadre/ department and possessing the qualifications & experience as below.
The post carries a basic pay of Rs. 2,25,000/-(Level-17 as per 7th CPC) with allowances as per Central Government Rules for appointment on Deputation (ISTC)/ Absorption.
How to Apply?
To download the application form, click here.
Complete applications (7 copies) strictly in the format with a passport size photograph fixed at the space shown in the format along with testimonials including the list of publications indicating impact factors should be sent to Shri Subodh Kumar Ram, Under Secretary, Department of Biotechnology, Room No. 69, Block-2, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110003, superscribing the cover “ Application for the Post of Director, National Institute of Animal Biotechnology (NIAB), Hyderabad”. The last date to apply is April 25, 2021.
The soft copy of the application may also be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
For full notification, click the link below.