National High-Speed Rail Corporation Ltd (NHSRCL) is organizing a contest for the name and mascot for India’s first high speed train. Name and Mascot should represent the true nature of high speed rail and all the socio-economic benefits that will come with the introduction of this technology in India.
NHSRCL is a joint venture between Govt. of India (through ministry of railways) and participating state governments (Gujarat & Maharashtra). NHSRCL is mandated to build India’s first high speed rail (commonly known as Bullet Train) between Mumbai & Ahmedabad.
There will be two separate entries for:
- Train name
- Mascot design
The selected entry will be awarded a cash prize and five consolation entries will be awarded as follows:
- Mascot design: Winning prize: INR 1,00,000/- and five consolation prize for INR 10,000/- each.
- Train set name: Winning prize: INR 50,000/- and five consolation prize for INR 5,000/- each.
- The Competition is open to only Indian Citizens residing in India or abroad. Registered Organizations under relevant Indian laws are also eligible to participate.
- There will be two different competition, one for the train name and one for the mascot design. Each participant/organization is allowed to submit maximum one entry for each competition.
- The winning entry (including the consolation prize winners) for mascot and name would be the intellectual property of the NHSRCL and the winner cannot exercise any right over it, after acceptance of the prize.
How to Apply:
All entries for the Competition must be submitted to the Creative Corner Section of
www.mygov.in. Entries submitted through any other medium/ mode would not be
considered for evaluation
Submission Deadline: March 25, 2019.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (link sends e-mail)
For further details on the same, click here.