About the Scheme
The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) invites short films for its ‘Short Film Award Scheme – 2020’, which aims at recognizing the creative efforts towards promotion and protection of human rights. The film may be in any technical format. These may be in any Indian language with sub-titles in English or in English.
- Any Indian citizen can send his/her entry. There is no bar on the number of films sent by an individual for competing in the NHRC’s Short Film Award Scheme. However, each application should have one film only and films sent once for the NHRC’s award scheme may not compete again under this scheme.
- The film(s) being sent for this competition should not be on a social media platform(s).
- The applicant should attach his/her identity, such as Aadhar Card, Voter Identity Card, PAN Card, Driving License or any other valid proof of identity issued by a Government authority.
Theme of the Film
Human rights issues*. Each entry should accompany the brief theme and synopsis of the film.
Language of the Film
Any Indian language with subtitles in English or in English.
Duration of the Film
Duration of the short film should not be less than 3 minutes and more than 10 minutes.
Title & Credits
Each film should depict its title and credits, including the names of the producer, writer and director.
The prize money for the first, second and third best film will be Rs.2 lakh, Rs.1 lakh 50 thousand and 1 lakh respectively. The Commission, in addition to three cash awards, certificates and trophies may also to consider giving a Certificate of Special Mention to some films, if so recommended by the jury.
There is no entry fee.
How to Apply?
- The applicant should have a Gmail account with Google drive access.
- Duly filled-in application form along with requisite documents, Film and its themes and synopsis should be uploaded in the folder of Google drive with the title “Short Film Award-2020, <name of applicant/ Production house>”. The link of the folder of Google drive should be forwarded through Email on NHRC email: – firstname.lastname@example.org (No hard copy of application or DVD/Pen drive is required). The applicant must write his/her complete postal address, telephone and mobile number in the Email.
Oct 15, 2020
For more details, click the link below.