About the Program
Applications are invited for the New York Academy of Sciences “1000 Girls, 1000 Futures” Program 2020. This program is a groundbreaking initiative designed to engage young women interested in science, technology, engineering, and math, and advance their pursuit of STEM careers through mentoring and 21st-century skills development.
This program is free because the New York Academy of Sciences believes in the expanded involvement of girls and women in STEM. They believe that layered mentoring from peers and relatable role models will bring important future scientists, mathematicians, technologists, engineers, innovators, and leaders into the career pipeline. They believe that you can’t be what you can’t see, and they want to show you a wide variety of girls and women who are already leaders across the spectrum of STEM specialities.
All discussions, coursework and networking takes place on Schoology.
- Mentoring from real scientists and engineers in the 1000 Girls, 1000 Futures network.
- Coursework, completed at your own pace, emphasizing college readiness, leadership, communication, and critical thinking.
- The opportunity to network with an awesome group of peers and female STEM professionals through social interaction, message boards, online events, and activities such as an optional Book Club. This is a safe, fun place to be a smart girl!
- Girls around the world, aged 13-17 years old currently enrolled in high school or an equivalent, who are enthusiastic about science, technology, engineering or math (STEM)
- Women working in STEM, across all disciplines and sectors, who are willing to act as mentors, coaches, and role models
How to Apply?
July 31, 2020
For further details, click here.