NEET MDS 2020 (National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test- Master in Dental Surgery) is a single-window entrance exam for all Dental courses admission session. No other entrance exam, either state or institution level, shall be valid for entry to MDS courses.
NEET-MDS is an eligibility-cum-ranking examination prescribed as the single entrance examination for admission to various PG MDS Courses under Dentists Act, 1948 (amended from time to time).
- A candidate for admission to the Master in Dental Surgery course, must possess a recognised degree of Bachelor in Dental Surgery awarded by a university or institute in India and registered with the State Dental Council and has obtained provisional or permanent registration and has undergone compulsory rotatory internship of a year in an approved/recognised dental college.
- A candidate who after passing the final qualifying examination (BDS or the foreign dental degree recognized by GOI/DCI), is undergoing 12-month compulsory rotatory internship/ practical training and is likely to complete the same by 31 March 2020 can take up this examination, but he/she shall not be eligible for admission unless he/she has completed the compulsory rotatory internship and obtained provisional or permanent registration on or before 31 March 2020 or the candidate produces a certificate from the head of Institution that he/she will be completing internship by 31 March 2020.
- Availability of Information Bulletin 11 October 2019 onwards
- Online submission of application form 11 – 31 October 2019
- Examination Date 20 December 2019
- Declaration of Results By 20 January 2020
- Fill the Registration Form for Obtaining User ID and Password
- User ID and Password will be then, sent through SMS and Email
- Fill the Application Form and Upload your photograph, signature and thumb impression
- Choose your test city
- Make payment of fees
- Take a print out of the filled application form with transaction ID printed on it
NEET- MDS Exam fee Rs. 2750/- (For SC/ST/PWD (PH) candidates) Rs. 3750/- (For General/OBC candidates) excluding payment gateway charges as may be applicable.
Question Paper Pa
- Part-A (TOTAL 100)
General Anatomy including embryology and histology: 14 marks
General human physiology and Biochemistry: 14
Dental Anatomy, Embryology & Oral Histology: 14
General Pathology and Microbiology: 14
General and Dental Pharmacology and Therapeutics: 14
General Medicine: 15
General Surgery: 15
- Part-B (TOTAL 140)
Dental Materials: 14
Oral Pathology and Oral Microbiology: 14
Oral Medicine and Radiology: 14
Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry: 14
Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics: 14
Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge: 14
Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics: 14
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery: 14
Public Health Dentistry: 14
- GRAND TOTAL (Part A + Part B): 240 marks
Helpline Number: 18002674003 (Toll Free)