Applications are invited in the prescribed Proforma for filling up of position(s) of Project Assistant-II/-III on a purely temporary basis at CSIR-National Chemical Laboratory, Pune, Maharashtra.
The National Chemical Laboratory (NCL) is an Indian government laboratory based in Pune, in western India. Popularly known as NCL, a constituent member of the Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) India, it was established in 1950. There is approximately 200 scientific staff working there.
The interdisciplinary research center has a wide research scope and specializes in polymer science, organic chemistry, catalysis, materials chemistry, chemical engineering, biochemical sciences, and process development. It houses good infrastructure for measurement science and chemical information.
Development of Drug-target based assay platforms and Screening against COVID-19
Project Assistant-II /III (02)
- Post I: Cloning and protein expression in heterologous system.
- Post II: Computational simulations of viral and human membrane proteins, computational design of small molecules.
- M.Sc/ M.Tech in Biochemistry/ Biotechnology/ Bioinformatics/ Natural or Agricultural Sciences/ Microbiology or any branch in Life Sciences from a recognized University.
- Candidates with NET/ GATE would be preferred as per DST Norms. Two years’ experience in research and development in industrial and academic institutions or science and technology organizations and scientific activities and services is essential.
- Post I: Experience with biochemistry, molecular biology, and structural biology.
- Post II: Experience with computational simulations of membrane proteins.
Age limit for Project Assistant at level I/ II/ III/ will be as 28/30/35 years respectively with five years relaxation for statutory groups and women. Age limit for RA will be governed by CSIR-HRDG Guideline while for Project Scientist it will be based on the age limit given in the table.
Rs. 31000/- for (PA-II), Rs. 35000/- for (PA-III)
The engagement will be initially for a period of six months which may be extended or curtailed depending on the duration of the tenure of sponsored project/ satisfactory performance or conduct of the appointee, as the case may be.
The engagement will be purely on temporary basis and shall not be CSIR/ NCL appointment, temporary or otherwise and shall not entitle the appointee to any right/ claim whatsoever, implicit or explicit, for his/ her consideration against any CSIR/ NCL post/ fellowship.
How to Apply?
- To download the application form, click here.
- The application in the prescribed Proforma, duly completed and signed, together with good quality and clearly readable scanned copies of relevant certificates/ testimonials, latest CV of the candidate, and photograph should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com by 5:30 pm of October 5, 2020, with the subject as: “MLP2037: Application for PA-II/-III position.
- Please write the given code mentioned in the Desirable experience & Job requirement according to your experience.
- Please combine the application and all the supporting documents in a single PDF (max size 10 MB), and send it as attachment to the email.
- Emails with multiple attachments and those received after the closing date and time will not be considered.
- Only email applications will be accepted.
- The list of the candidates short listed by the Screening Committee for being interviewed would be updated online on 6th October, 2020.
- The candidates may also ascertain the information after 6th October, 2020 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or through phone: 020-25902408.
- The interview will be conducted during 7th October, 2020 from 10:00 am onwards online through a suitable medium such as Microsoft Teams, Google Meet, Cisco WebEx, etc.
- The meeting link will be provided only to the short-listed candidates.
- No TA/ DA will be admissible for appearing for the interview.
- The candidates recommended by the interview committee will have to join the duty immediately on receipt of the offer of engagement.
For full notification, click the link below.