NCERT Research Associateship Scheme [Salary Rs. 35k/Month]: Apply by Dec 6
NCERT invites applications for Associateship, named as NCERT Research Associateship Scheme. The scheme has been initiated in the NCERT to utilize the experience of young educationists/educational researchers, who have done their PhD on topics relating to school education but have still not got regular jobs.
This will give these young people a chance to contribute and gain experience in their relevant areas pertaining to school education. NCERT, in particular, and the education system in India as a whole, will also gain from the energies, enthusiasm and knowledge of these young people. This scheme has been envisaged on the lines of the Senior Research Associateship (Scientists’ Pool Scheme) of the CSIR.
- The Associateship is open to Indian Citizens only.
- The candidate should have been awarded a PhD degree in any subject area related to school education or other allied disciplines (e.g. researches having implications for school education) from a recognized university as on the date of application.
- The candidate should not be more than 35 years of age as on the date of application (relaxable as per Government of India norms).
- The candidate should not be employed on the date of award of associateship.
- The tenure of Associateship is fixed for one year and a maximum of two years, extendable further for a period up to one year at the discretion of the Director on the recommendation of the Head/PI concerned. The Associateship would terminate earlier if the candidate gets employment elsewhere.
- The Associateship will be terminated as soon as the Associate gets employment.
- Selected Candidates under the Scheme will be paid Rs. 35,000/- p.m
- Travel cost for research will be allowed up to IInd AC fare
- Accommodation during travel will be as per NCERT norms
Placement and Transfer
- The selected candidates will be placed in any one of the constituent units of the NCERT, depending on the area of work and the need of the unit and will work under the Head of the respective unit.
- The primary duties of an Associate will be to conduct research/teaching/professional work related to the identified area of the placement.
- The Associate will have to devote full time to the work assigned during the Associateship.
- The Associates are liable to be transferred to any of the constituent units of the NCERT.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the associateship by submitting the application form available here with self-attested copies of the certificates/mark sheets/testimonials, etc. Also, the application should carry a brief summary of the proposed research work (not more than 1500 words) to be carried out during the associateship. Candidate should also submit a concept paper related to school education along with their application.
Address for sending the application
Division of Educational Research (DER),
National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT)
Sri Aurobindo Marg, New Delhi-110016
E-mail ID: ncertder[at]gmail.com
The last date of receiving completed application is one month from the publication of the advertisement in the newspaper. (Approximately Dec 6). Interested candidates are requested to apply as soon as possible.
For official notification, click here.
About the Author