NCERT is inviting applications from eligible candidates for the NCERT Research Associateship Scheme 2021.
About NCERT Research Associateship Scheme 2021
The present Scheme has been initiated in the NCERT to utilize the experience of young educationists/educational researchers, who have done their Ph.D. on topics relating to school education but have still not got regular jobs.
This will give these young people a chance to contribute and gain experience in their relevant areas pertaining to school education. NCERT, in particular, and the education system in India as a whole, will also gain from the energies, enthusiasm and knowledge of these young people.
This scheme has been envisaged on the lines of the Senior Research Associateship (Scientists’ Pool Scheme) of the CSIR.
- The Associateship is open to Indian Citizens only.
- The candidate should have been awarded Ph.D. degree in any subject area related to school education or other allied disciplines (e.g. researches having implications for school education) from a recognized university as on the date of application.
- The candidate should not be more than 35 years of age as on the date of application (relaxable as per Government of India norms).
- The candidate should not be employed on the date of award of Associateship.
Validity of the Offer
Once the acceptance is received, the offer will remain valid for a period of three months
- The tenure of Associateship is fixed for one year and maximum of two years, extendable further for a period up to one year at the discretion of the Director on the recommendation of the Head/PI concerned.
- The Associateship will be terminated as soon as the Associate gets employment.
- Selected Candidates under the Scheme will be paid Rs. 35,000/- p.m
- Travel cost for research will be allowed up to IInd AC fare.
- Accommodation during travel will be as per NCERT norms.
Placement and Transfer
- The selected candidates will be placed in any one of the constituent units of the NCERT, depending on the area of work and the need of the unit and will work under the Head of the respective unit.
- The primary duties of Associate will be to conduct research/teaching/professional work related to the identified area of the placement.
- The Associate will have to devote full time to the work assigned during the Associateship.
- The Associates are liable to be transferred to any of the constituent units of the NCERT.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the scheme through this link.
Dec 28, 2021
More such opportunities that you might be interested in: