Applications are invited for the award of a maximum of 10 NCERT Doctoral Fellowship in the field of education and other disciplines directly related to education.
The fellowships are intended for young aspirants to pursue doctoral work in a recognized university/research institution of their choice. Young scholars from different disciplinary perspectives will be encouraged to research in the field of education.
Objectives of the Scheme
(a) To provide opportunities to young scholars to research the field of education from different disciplinary perspectives.
(b) To build the knowledge base of education in the contemporary context.
Areas of Research
Fellowship will be given for research pertaining to the following priority areas:
- Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan (RMSA)
- Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA)
- Concerns related to Teacher Education Schemes
- Teacher Educator’s Education
- Education of the Disadvantaged
- Classroom Processes and Practices
- Curricular Areas
- Education for Peace
- Psycho-social Development of Children
- Any Burning Issue of School Education
- The fellowship will be limited to extremely deserving candidates only. If suitable candidates are not available, Council may not select all 10 fellows.
- Candidates applying for Doctoral Fellowship should have either completed pre-doctoral research methodology course or enrolled/selected for such course for appropriate duration as approved by UGC. The fellowship will start after confirmed registration with the University for Ph.D. work.
- Each Doctoral Fellow will be required to present a seminar at the end of each semester.
- The NCERT Doctoral Fellow will be required to contribute to the RIE teaching programme, field research and/or the curriculum development and textbook development programmes of NCERT for 30 days in a year. The Fellow will be provided III AC fare for the travel and accommodation in the RIE Hostel.
- The Doctoral Fellow will be under obligation to present public lecture on larger issues of public interest relevant to his/her doctoral research work, if so invited. The seminar may be held at RIEs or NCERT headquarter and the fellow will be given the III AC fare for travel for the same.
- The candidates will submit with their applications, the CV of the research supervisor which should clearly indicate the research work done by them in the last five years. NCERT reserved the right to advise the candidate to choose a new research supervisor, if needed. The candidate may select a supervisor/research guide approved by NCERT. The fellowship of the last three months and contingency of the third year will be released only after receipt of the thesis.
How to apply
Apply online at this link.
- Applications will be screened and short listed candidates will be required to appear for a Presentation-cum-interview.
- Candidates will be paid second (sleeper) class train fare by the shortest route for attending the Presentation-cum-interview.
- The statutory provisions for reservation of seats will be available to the candidates belonging to different categories.
- NCERT Doctoral Fellows will receive a fellowship of Rs.14,000/- per month (for Non NET) and Rs.16,000/- per month (in case of NET qualified candidates) for a maximum period of three years.
- They will also receive a contingency grant of Rs.10,000/- per annum during this period. The fellowship will commence from the date of registration for Ph.D. or award by NCERT whichever is later will terminate at the end of three years from the date of award or with the submission of the doctoral thesis whichever is earlier.
For details, please visit the official notification given here.