The National Centre for Biological Sciences & Institute for Stem Cell Sciences and Regenerative Medicine Bangalore Bio-Cluster Mouse Genome Engineering Facility is looking for Facility Trainees on Contract Basis.
National Centre for Biological Sciences in Bangalore, Karnataka, is a research center specializing in biological research. It is a part of the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research under the Department of Atomic Energy of the Government of India.
Facility Trainees (02)
- Generate, isolate, and purify recombinant DNA constructs for generating transgenic mice.
- Perform pronuclear microinjection, blastocyst injections, embryo transfers, and survival surgeries.
- Colony management, post-surgical animal monitoring, and care.
- Perform CRISPR-Cas9 targeted gene disruptions and tagged alleles in mouse embryos.
- Coordinate and participate in the daily operations of the mouse genome engineering facility providing rederivation, IVF, genotyping, cryopreservation, and breeding services.
- Accurate recording keeping.
- BE/ B.Tech/ M.Pharma/ Masters in any biological sciences with prior experience and expertise in molecular biology techniques.
- One year of experience in handling laboratory mice/ rats, knowledge/ experience in transgenic/ knock out techniques and technologies is desirable.
- Excellent organization, recordkeeping, and communication skills are essential.
Rs. 28,000 + 30% HRA.
How to Apply?
Candidates must upload their updated CV/ resume and a MANDATORY one-page Cover Letter written by the candidate describing your background and the reason and interest for applying to this position.
Please note that candidates applying without a proper cover letter will NOT be considered.
To apply online, click here. The last date to apply is August 31, 2020.
For full notification, click the link below.