Applications are invited for the post of Data Analyst (Bioinformatician) to work on a multi-institution consortium project “Genomelndia: Cataloguing the Genetic Variation in Indians”, funded by the Department of Biotechnology, Government of India. The applicant will be based in NCBS and is expected to develop computational methods and apply machine learning approaches to analyze the genetic variants generated from whole-genome sequencing (WGS).
National Centre for Biological Sciences in Bangalore, Karnataka, is a research center specializing in biological research. It is a part of the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research under the Department of Atomic Energy of the Government of India.
Data Analyst (01)
- B. Tech or M.Sc in Bioinformatics/ Computer Science/ Life Sciences (with minimum 75% of marks).
- At least one-year project experience that involves programming and Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) data analysis.
- Programming experience in Python/ R or any other language, and basic knowledge in bioinformatics workflow management (e.g., next flow) and biostatistics.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
Rs. 31,000/- (Consolidated).
The position will be for 1 year subject to a performance review after 3 months. At the end of the first year, there will be potential for extending the contract by one more year.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants should email their application to Dr. Sabarinathan Radhakrishnan (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) enclosing:
- CV (with the names and contact details of at least two scientific referees)
- Cover letter and a statement of research interest (~400 words).
Shortlisted applicants will be invited for an online interview which may comprise multiple rounds to assess the candidate’s fit for the position. The last date to apply is March 5, 2021.
For full notification, click the link below.