Applications are invited for the position of Neuro Imaging Analyst (Project) in the laboratory of Prof. Pravat K. Mandal at the National Brain Research Centre, Manesar, India. The primary scientific interest of the lab is to identify early in vivo biomarkers for neurodegenerative disorders, particularly Alzheimer’s disease. The lab uses multi-modal neuroimaging techniques, i.e. magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), functional MRI (fMRI), and magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS) to investigate the associated structural, functional, and neurochemical brain alterations, respectively.
The National Brain Research Centre is a neuroscience research group, situated in Manesar, Gurgaon district, Haryana, India. It is an Autonomous Government Institute accredited with the deemed university status and is a nodal center under the Department of Biotechnology of the Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India.
Neuro Imaging Analyst (Project) (01)
Application of MRS signal processing
- BE/ B.Tech (Electrical/ Electronics/ ECE/ Biomedical) and six months research experience after the degree.
- 60% marks from 10th standard onwards.
- Prior hands-on experience with Digital Image processing is welcome
- Expertise in Matlab coding.
- Strong academic record and clear evidence of research focus as demonstrated by.
- Excellent scientific communication and writing skills.
- Experience with writing scientific manuscripts is mandatory.
- Ability to independently lead research projects.
You might also be interested in Project Positions (Under DBT Funded Project) at NBRC, Haryana [3 Vacancies]: Apply by Dec 28.
Rs. 42,000/- p.m. (consolidated) (No other allowances are applicable).
The initial appointment will be for a period till 17th June 2021. Or project last whichever is earlier. The post is co-terminus with the project. Selected candidates will have to abide by the rules and regulations of NBRC and DBT.
How to Apply?
Candidates need to submit the following documents while applying:
- Curriculum vitae including the following: Employment History; Research Experience – title, objective, and a brief description of the project; Include your published/accepted research publications. Please specify the publication details, your contribution as an author to multi-authored publications, plus the standing of the journal.
- Statement of purpose (minimum 250 words) indicating your research interests and experience: Prepare your statement of objectives and goals in whatever form clearly presents your views. Include as far as you can,
your particular interests and show how your background supports these interests. Please discuss how your academic and work experience to date qualifies you for this position.
- Recommendation letter from the employer or the person you did a project.
Interested candidates fulfilling the following requirement can send the complete application form to the Administrative Officer (Academics), National Brain Research Centre, Nainwal Mode, Manesar – 122 052, DisttGurgaon (Haryana) by 21st December 2020. Due to the current situation (COVID-19) candidates can apply by post or by email (email ID: email@example.com).
For full notification, click the link below.